• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Six Month Contract - Retainer"

Collapse

• VectraMan
    replied
    So you might get zero for 6 months and not be able to do anything else?

I was recently working part time for a client. It was 2 days per week, but on occasions would ramp up to 3 or 4 days as required. Which suited me fine as it gives me plan B time whilst still keeping an income (and 2 days of contractor rates is actually about the same as I'd get in a permie job anyway), and was good for them. This finished a couple of weeks ago, but it seems likely they want me to continue in January.

I think the big problem with contracting is that it tends to be all or nothing. Money but no time, because you're stuck somewhere full time for 6 months, or on the bench with lots of time and no money. I'd much rather be able to work in this sort of flexible way.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

The rate negotiated is at a 20% premium above my normal rate.

I think this is a fantastic deal which kills IR35 for me as far as I am concerned.
    Tidy.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    started a topic Six Month Contract - Retainer

Six Month Contract - Retainer

Just been offered a six month 'open' contract with a client I was working for in the last few weeks.

Presently on another contract, but the agency and the client have put in a six month period with no set days & no minimum or maximum.

The client is willing to pay when I am available and when they have requirements for certain type of development & business analysis.

The rate negotiated is at a 20% premium above my normal rate.

I think this is a fantastic deal which kills IR35 for me as far as I am concerned.

Anyone have anything similar.

Working...
X