• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cancel Xmas: We'll all be dead from Swine 'Flu anyway"

Collapse

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    A neighbours 21 year old daughter who was a fit and healthy person died of Swine Flue. The mother called the out of hours doctor who said there is nothing to worry about as it is “just flue”. He did no tests nor did he prescribe anything. Three days later she died at home. Her mother is distraught.
    Oh my goodness - how awful!

There have been so many cases I've heard recently of GPs just rubbishing peoples symptoms and there being terrible consequences.

There was a baby in Stockport recently who the parents were sure was ill and the GP & hospital turned them away twice before another hospital admitted the baby and it ended up in ICU. Swine flu aswell, I seem to recall.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Yes by PM. BTW. The mother said “ I thought it only happens to other people”
    And will the doctor in question be brought before the medical council to explain his decision?
    I lost faith in the Drs (GPs) a long time ago.

Sorry to hear this. Such a waste.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    That is terrible. Has this been confirmed (post mortem) as swine flu?
    Yes by PM. BTW. The mother said “ I thought it only happens to other people”

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    A neighbour's 21 year old daughter who was a fit and healthy person died of Swine Flue. The mother called the out of hours doctor who said there is nothing to worry about as it is “just flue”. He did no tests nor did he prescribe anything. Three days later she died at home. Her mother is distraught.
    That is terrible. Has this been confirmed (post mortem) as swine flu?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Done your Xmas shopping yet? No? Then don't bother.

We'll all be dead by Christmas:
    A neighbours 21 year old daughter who was a fit and healthy person died of Swine Flue. The mother called the out of hours doctor who said there is nothing to worry about as it is “just flue”. He did no tests nor did he prescribe anything. Three days later she died at home. Her mother is distraught.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    *cough*

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    I found this
    SY01, old chap. You really aren't with it, are you?

That was the very news story with which I opened this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    The swine flu vaccine has been included in the standard seasonal flu jab so if you've had that you're covered.

I'm alright Jack.
    Me too!

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Nope, don't have it. I don't believe in flu jags.
    I am witness to the great needle, it has saved me from grave illness.

Have faith brother suity.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    The swine flu vaccine has been included in the standard seasonal flu jab so if you've had that you're covered.

I'm alright Jack.
    Nope, don't have it. I don't believe in flu jags.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied

I'm alright Jack.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Why don't you take a month off? You are a contractor you know.
    Good idea.

I found this

Health chiefs have urged people to take up the flu vaccine after it emerged that the swine flu virus which swept the country last year has claimed the lives of 10 adults in the UK in the past six weeks.

The Health Protection Agency (HPA) confirmed that the deaths were in younger adults under 65 and associated with H1N1 swine flu.

Most had underlying conditions but "a small proportion" were healthy before contracting the virus, a spokeswoman said.
    Last edited by suityou01; 14 December 2010, 09:48.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Just got back from the quacks. I've been ill for over 14 weeks, gradually sinking lower and lower and lower. I had a raft of blood tests, and to be fair after constant bed rest I am now starting to recover.

All of my blood tests were fine, including liver function

My white blood cell count was high which lead the doctor to conclude that I had been fighting off a virus. I asked the doctor what kind of evil bastid virus would fook me over for 14 weeks. The answer was swine flu.

"It often manifests less severely than seasonal flu, but goes on and on and on"

Then cheerily she said there had been quite a few deaths locally owing to swine flu, and the main thing is that I am on the mend.

Thank heavens SY02 and none of the little SYs had it.
    Why don't you take a month off? You are a contractor you know.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Just got back from the quacks. I've been ill for over 14 weeks, gradually sinking lower and lower and lower. I had a raft of blood tests, and to be fair after constant bed rest I am now starting to recover.

All of my blood tests were fine, including liver function

My white blood cell count was high which lead the doctor to conclude that I had been fighting off a virus. I asked the doctor what kind of evil bastid virus would fook me over for 14 weeks. The answer was swine flu.

"It often manifests less severely than seasonal flu, but goes on and on and on"

Then cheerily she said there had been quite a few deaths locally owing to swine flu, and the main thing is that I am on the mend.

Thank heavens SY02 and none of the little SYs had it.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    didn't we all die from this last year?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X