• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Stuff people eat with chips"

Collapse

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Mash them down and fry them up bubble and squeak style. When that goes cold, roast in oil in the oven. Anything left over, mash them down and fry them up...
    mmmmm, bubble and squeak with crispy bits.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    [QUOTE=MaryPoppins;1249214][QUOTE=TonyEnglish;1249209]The Chinese in the village I live in does chippy curry sauce and Chinese curry sauce. I go for the Chinese one and get a large tub of it. Then I eat my chips and swig the curry sauce as a drink.

I just winced.
    So did I, I don't miss chips with curry sauce that much.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Roast potatoes are jolly nice 'fat chips' too and I'm doing well if can resist eating a few while they're still cooking. What a shame they aren't as tasty after being zapped in the microwave.
    Mash them down and fry them up bubble and squeak style. When that goes cold, roast in oil in the oven. Anything left over, mash them down and fry them up...

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Roast potatoes are jolly nice 'fat chips' too and I'm doing well if can resist eating a few while they're still cooking. What a shame potatoes aren't as tasty after being zapped in the microwave.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    [QUOTE=TonyEnglish;1249209]The Chinese in the village I live in does chippy curry sauce and Chinese curry sauce. I go for the Chinese one and get a large tub of it. Then I eat my chips and swig the curry sauce as a drink.[QUOTE]

I just winced.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Chips with curry sauce, it's about the only thing I miss from Ireland
    The Chinese in the village I live in does chippy curry sauce and Chinese curry sauce. I go for the Chinese one and get a large tub of it. Then I eat my chips and swig the curry sauce as a drink.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    That is just so wrong on many, many levels.
    It's OK, I don't mind if you just watch.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    If I was going to eat Les Dennis, he'd have to be doused in pea wet first.
    That is just so wrong on many, many levels.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Stuff people eat with chips...

You said....

Our survey said....

Sounds like a Family Fortunes question to me.
    If I was going to eat Les Dennis, he'd have to be doused in pea wet first.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Stuff people eat with chips...

You said....

Our survey said....

Sounds like a Family Fortunes question to me.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    And how can a scallop be a slice of potato battered and deep fried?
    Ooh, not had them since me mam cooked 'em 20 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• GreenLabel
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post
    WNS.
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    very very funny. l like that

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    Well I'm sure you could get the individual spices and mix it up yourself. Of course, the devil's in the detail of the relative proportions of each spice in the mix. May I take this opportunity to recommend Old Bay spice. A wonderful bend of spices that sits wonderfully on top of the dollop of NATO covering one's fries. Make my own 1000 island dressing with it too. Unfortunately, it can only be purchased in Maryland, USA.

HTH,

Milan.
    Hello Threaded.

Leave a comment:

• gricerboy
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I'd love to get me some of that
    Well I'm sure you could get the individual spices and mix it up yourself. Of course, the devil's in the detail of the relative proportions of each spice in the mix. May I take this opportunity to recommend Old Bay spice. A wonderful bend of spices that sits perfectly on top of the dollop of mayo covering one's fries. Make my own 1000 island dressing with it too. Unfortunately, it can only be purchased in Maryland, USA.
    Last edited by gricerboy; 13 December 2010, 11:51.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Moules et Frites!!!

Yum.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X