• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Just in case you missed it"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Like Doris in the Ipcress file with 4 inches of ash on a fag hanging out of her mouth...
    Doris wasn't always big, fat, old and ugly...

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman
    God! That's a feckin big boat that!
    It's an expensive mausoleum - Any time an organization moves into a flash new building you can be fairly sure their best days are behind them. Happens over and over again, and they never seem to learn.

MI6 was probably a damn sight more efficient when it was run by ex-forces officers (not all wimmin, like these days) and based in Mayfair, card indexed filing systems, and creaky old staircases and all.
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 16 February 2006, 21:49.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by benn0
    My old man was - Under Twatchers government.
    I get it - You're Hilary Benn, and your pop Tony Benn was "on the bench" (or rather _not_ on the front bench!) throughout the Tory years.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    God! That's a feckin big boat that!

Leave a comment:

• Hart-floot
    replied
    Originally posted by zathras
    Don't you mean when the collapse of "Gordons Miracle Economy" becomes obvious to even the lowest prole.

don't forget that period of time unemployment has been increasing has not been seen since the recession of 90-91.
    We shouldn't have long to wait before even the "lowest prole" starts to worry. I reckon late summer.

Currently unemployment, on the wider measure (as opposed to the dubious claimant count) is increasing by 80,000+ per month so give it another 7 months and another half a million people. Perhaps by then Brown will be prime minister thus avoiding the shame! Cynical moi!

Leave a comment:

• zathras
    replied
    Originally posted by eternalnomad
    The ERM fiasco will seem like a minor financial hiccup when "Gordons Miracle Economy" finally collapses.
    Don't you mean when the collapse of "Gordons Miracle Economy" becomes obvious to even the lowest prole.

don't forget that period of time unemployment has been increasing has not been seen since the recession of 90-91.

Leave a comment:

• eternalnomad
    replied
    Originally posted by Hart-floot
    Dont worry mate, i haven't forgiven Major for the ERM fiasco.
    The ERM fiasco will seem like a minor financial hiccup when "Gordons Miracle Economy" finally collapses.

Leave a comment:

• Hart-floot
    replied
    Sorry mate, Mr Major is far too busy as European chairman of the shady USA company (Carlyle Group) which has kindly shafted the UK taxpayer big style.

Brown and Blair need to explain in a public enquiry why they have allowed the UK taxpayer to be shafted this way.......I wonder where Mr Bliar will be "working" when he finally hands over the No. 10 keys to fat lad.

QinetQ anyone ?
    Dont worry mate, i haven't forgiven Major for the ERM fiasco.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Sorry mate, Mr Major is far too busy as European chairman of the shady USA company (Carlyle Group) which has kindly shafted the UK taxpayer big style.

Brown and Blair need to explain in a public enquiry why they have allowed the UK taxpayer to be shafted this way.......I wonder where Mr Bliar will be "working" when he finally hands over the No. 10 keys to fat lad.

QinetQ anyone ?
    It's no surprise that Mr Major lives next to...

Leave a comment:

• eternalnomad
    replied
    Originally posted by Hart-floot
    On the dole.....

once under Twatcher
    never under Major
    twice under Bliar
    ??? under Brown

Come back John Major all is forgiven!

QinetQ anyone ?

Leave a comment:

• Hart-floot
    replied
    On the dole.....

once under Twatcher
    never under Major
    twice under Bliar
    ??? under Brown

Come back John Major all is forgiven!

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Why was thatcher at fault for Benno's dad losing his job. What did he do? was he a Labour politician?

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by benn0
    My old man was - Under Twatchers government.
    I was too, in the late eighties when the government pulled the plug on a big defence project. I hadn't been married long and had a mortgage like most other people in my position. It was my first job too, and I'd been there for several years, so I knew nothing about job-hunting.

But the difference between you and me, benn0, is that I didn't moan, or get all bitter and twisted with Thatcher's government. It took me several months, but I went out and found another job. I call it self-reliance.

What I do object to are those who seem to think that self-reliance is a dirty concept, and that those who have should pool it for those who have not.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    >And Maggie - Hurry up and ******* die.

You still here, gimp boy?

Leave a comment:

• benn0
    replied
    Yadder Yadder Yadder.

It's not fair.

Moan moan ******* moan.

And Maggie - Hurry up and ******* die.