• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Box Update

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Box Update"

Collapse

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    I like the marry me ring!

And I like the proper one too!
    I must be the only laydee who isn't bothered about the ring, diamonds, meh!

It's the effort and thought you have put into this that means so much more.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by Tingles View Post
    In my experience women cannot wait for anything and must have immediate gratification.
    Except in bed.

Sadly.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I'd be ultra impressed with that as a present (regardless of contents). But I do like both gadgets and puzzles.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    Is the destination Sylt?
    Nope

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Is the destination Sylt?

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    it's not some US Military Top Secret box, it's a gift, if she wants to break it or not play the game then fine, if she thinks it's a stupid idea and a waste of time then fine, based on everyone I've spoken to in the real world who know us both they think she'll see it as the best present/idea ever and be over the moon with it. I think I can trust their opinion, but I may be wrong, we'll see, I'll take that risk..
    You're going to trust some people you know in the real world who have actually met you and your fiance over a bunch of random nutjobs on a website? I don't think think this is going to end well at all

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Good luck and give us an update!

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Have you thought about GF's reaction when the box goes, straight over at the roundabout and take the next exit?
    heehee it's not a TomTom, it simply states the distance in km and says its still locked.

isn't that a quote from a recent Live At the Appollo comedy act?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Have you thought about GF's reaction when the box goes, straight over at the roundabout and take the next exit?

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    We're just tugging your squirrel Chef, it's a lovely idea, she will love it I'm sure!
    Aww please don't bring AtW into this conversation, it makes me feel kinda sick

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post

Thanks, knowing her as I do, she'll like the idea as well rather than me assuming at what she may want and getting it subtly wrong.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    it's not some US Military Top Secret box, it's a gift, if she wants to break it or not play the game then fine, if she thinks it's a stupid idea and a waste of time then fine, based on everyone I've spoken to in the real world who know us both they think she'll see it as the best present/idea ever and be over the moon with it. I think I can trust their opinion, but I may be wrong, we'll see, I'll take that risk..
    We're just tugging your squirrel Chef, it's a lovely idea, she will love it I'm sure!

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    That's what I was thinking outside that disco in Swindon....

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    See?

I hope it's got a cast iron lining.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    The ring is not the engagement ring as such it's a "Pop the Question" ring, I want to go shopping for the actual ring with her. My reasoning being that although I'm fairly certain I know what she wants based on subtle questions while we were looking for a necklace for her birthday I want to make sure she has the ring she actually wants given the time she'll be wearing it.

Before you ladies jump down my throat with WTF is that for a ring? it's not the actual engagement ring. remember it's a german girl I'm proposing too, you need to think more pratical and over here engagement is really not that spectacular event as it is in the uk and engagement rings are not that common, so the expectation of a huge rock of bling does not apply, I know from what I've gained so far something along the lines of this is what we'll end up getting and I've already been told that spending anything over £2k on a ring is just ridiculous and in her own words "what's the point.."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X