• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ohhhhhhhhhhh Shaunyboy"

Collapse

• TestMangler
    replied
    How am I a bigot ? I call a hun a hun and a tim a tim. What's bigoted about that ?

That is true equality. I dislike them both equally

Rangers never write to the SFA to complain about refs because everything goes their way. Simples

As a neutral, I think my opinion is more valid than either of you bigots

Having said that, for the first time in my life, I'm hoping the huns do something against ManUre so that I don't have to listen to all the wank merchants down here masturbating over ManUre and their brilliance. Of course, i'm not working in manchester, so the place is full of Man U fans who've never set foot in Old Trafford.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Your suggestion that no religious bigotry comes out of Ibrox makes even less sense than the Tim's assertion that everyone is out to get them.

Shaunbhoy, here's a little story you'll appreciate. Scottish Cup Tie at Fir Park, back in the days when The Huns
    Celtic fan wore T-shirt with sectarian message on UEFA Cup Final night, court told - The Daily Record

Bigot.

Anyway, where did I state no bigotry comes out of Ibrox? We have our fair share like any other club. However, there's a difference between singing the ref's a Fenian and writing to the SFA about it.

Anyway, Fenian does not mean Catholic, it means Irish Nationalist. (To me).

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Incognito still claims that rangers never had a policy of not singing Catholics.

You cannot argue with someone that delusional.
    In the early 1950s Celtic chairman, Sir Robert Kelly, resigned from the Scottish Football Association’s Referees’ Committee in protest at what Celtic and other clubs believed was unfair treatment from referees.

A short time before this, in 1951, Kelly had a showdown with Sir George Graham, then all-powerful president of the SFA, who tried to prohibit Celtic from flying the Irish tricolour. At that time Celtic were one of Scotland’s only multicultural organisations, when mono-culture was the accepted norm.

Kelly won his battle over the tricolour not because he out-ranked Graham, but because he had sufficient support among other clubs who were only too aware of the injustice and prejudice that existed in the game.

Emboldened by his success over the tricolour, Kelly then resigned his position from the Referees’ Committee, made public his belief that injustices existed against Celtic and other teams, before ousting Graham and becoming SFA president by means of a popular mandate of the clubs.

This is not conjecture or opinion, it is recorded fact. Almost 60 years on, we have evidence of referees lying to the Celtic manager with no accountability, while an investigation is carried out into an alleged sectarian email being passed around among the referees’ community. This is not a new controversy stirred up by the current Celtic support or board, it’s 100 years or more old.

Referees need our support and respect, which, if possible, should arrive before this weekend’s games, but we must know that lying carries serious sanction and that sectarian emails are regarded as wholly unacceptable.

If the SFA’s referees can assure us of this, all their reputational problems will be resolved. This is not much to ask, but if they cannot give this assurance before the weekend, the SFA must sack the lot of them and start again.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Incognito still claims that rangers never had a policy of not singing Catholics.

You cannot argue with someone that delusional.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Quote, Incognito : Paranoia, pure and simple. Don't forget, only one club makes a hoohaa about a referee's religion.

You're having a ******* laugh mate, surely. At some point, during EVERY game played in front of rangers fans, the ref, the linesman, opposition fans, ballboys, police, the wee st john's ambulance guys will be called 'fenian bastards' by a varying percentage of the Rangers support.

Your suggestion that no religious bigotry comes out of Ibrox makes even less sense than the Tim's assertion that everyone is out to get them.

Shaunbhoy, here's a little story you'll appreciate. Scottish Cup Tie at Fir Park, back in the days when The Huns had Hately, Porini, Gatuso etc playing, tie finishes 2-2. The Bells Scottish Cup man of The Match presentation of a magnum of champagne gets announced over the tannoy, going to Rob Newman, the 'Well centre half. Everyone is trudging up the steps to get out and this Hun in front of me turns round and screams '**** off, thats tulipe, ge'in that to that big Fenian Bastard'. I gives him a poke in the back and ask him how he knows Rob Newman is a tim. I get the reply 'He plays for you fenian bastards.' I politely point out that, being Italian, Sergio porini and Rino gattuso are possibly catholics. I'll never forget the response. He puts his big ugly forehead up against mine and spits into my face, "FORIEGN FENIANS DON'T ******' COUNT, YA DICK".

That's why I love Rangers fans

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    BBC Sport - Football - Scottish referees vote for strike action

I see that the Referees have thrown the toys out of the cot because their integrity has been called into question.
    I imagine that Mr Dallas, the head of the Refereeing fraternity, cannot see that sending anti-Pope emails from his work email account might not have helped matters eh?

Bring it on......................apparently the SFA has an agreement with the Welsh and 2 Irish FAs for referees to officiate in our leagues. I'm good with that.
    Of course we both know what team might benefit most from avoiding a testing trip to Tannadice, after a tough midweek CL match and with a few injuries starting to creep in, don't we?

Wait a minute, that article states:

BBC Scotland has learned that officials are concerned that their integrity is constantly being questioned by some clubs and individuals.
    Let's get it right, it's one club who are doing all the bitching here. Cheated, never defeated the Glasgow Celtic way.

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    @incognito I'm glad they are striking, I'm not one of the paranoid group but refereeing decisions towards Celtic now are beyond a joke. Celtic are now comng out all guns blazing on this one. I, for one, are glad that we have John Reid in charge of this debate for us. The refs have put their foot in it by doing this.
    Oh come on, you're having a laugh, not one of the tinfoil hat brigade, but yet you state 'refereeing decisions towards Celtic now are beyond a joke.'

Paranoia, pure and simple. Don't forget, only one club makes a hoohaa about a referee's religion. All the bile aimed at Mike McCurry because he was a baptist minister, yet you see Willie Collum officate the last match and not a single word from Rangers. (Willie Collum is an RE teacher at a Catholic school).

Celtic's paranoia over refereeing is typical of Old Firm rivalry | Ewan Murray | Football | guardian.co.uk

All Scottish tournaments from 1890 to 2002. Red cards – Celtic 575, Rangers 622. Yellow cards – Celtic 1522, Rangers 1777. Penalties for Celtic – 1027, for Rangers 895. Penalties against Celtic – 328, penalties against Rangers 459
    Aye there's a conspiracy alright. [face->palm smiley]

He’s one of The Best, so why on earth is the Reverend getting so much stick? | Scotland - Times Online

There cannot have been many referees across Britain on Sunday who spent the morning baptising eight people in a Baptist church and then went out in the afternoon to officiate in a football match beamed live on TV around the world. That, however, was the fate of the Reverend Mike McCurry at Rugby Park, and look at the bother it got him into.

McCurry was abused relentlessly – and crassly – by a choir of Celtic fans who, on their travels around Scottish football grounds, have come to perfect one or two unsavoury chants in their repertoire. McCurry, however, appears to come in for particular stick, to the point where even Jim Jefferies and Gordon Strachan both wondered on Sunday if it affected his performance during Celtic’s 3-1 win over Kilmarnock.

If it did, the effect was unusual. Among the many absurdities of the Celtic travelling support trying to undermine McCurry was that, over the course of Sunday’s 90 minutes, he awarded their team two penalties – each justified – and did not bat an eyelid while so doing.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Lennon showed his stupidity there. Don't bring on attackers to win the game late in when you are already winning the game.

@sb next time you are up for a game let us know and I will buy you a wee beer. Or is that a cider?

@incognito I'm glad they are striking, I'm not one of the paranoid group but refereeing decisions towards Celtic now are beyond a joke. Celtic are now comng out all guns blazing on this one. I, for one, are glad that we have John Reid in charge of this debate for us. The refs have put their foot in it by doing this.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    Don't forget, jellymans coming back for the OF games.

Quality, not quantity my son.
    BBC Sport - Football - Scottish referees vote for strike action

I see that the Referees have thrown the toys out of the cot because their integrity has been called into question.
    I imagine that Mr Dallas, the head of the Refereeing fraternity, cannot see that sending anti-Pope emails from his work email account might not have helped matters eh?

Bring it on......................apparently the SFA has an agreement with the Welsh and 2 Irish FAs for referees to officiate in our leagues. I'm good with that.
    Of course we both know what team might benefit most from avoiding a testing trip to Tannadice, after a tough midweek CL match and with a few injuries starting to creep in, don't we?

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    916 mile round trip from Devon to Glasgow to see us drop points in the 94th minute!!!!

That said, we could and should have won the match, but we did not take our chances and Lennon again showed that he is still having to learn the job as he goes along. Still, I reckon we will still have too big a squad for Rangers to cope with as the season unfolds, so all still to play for.

And we still had a great day out despite the draw.
    2 more penalties for Rangers again..................must be great!
    Don't forget, jellymans coming back for the OF games.

Quality, not quantity my son.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    916 mile round trip from Devon to Glasgow to see us drop points in the 94th minute!!!!

That said, we could and should have won the match, but we did not take our chances and Lennon again showed that he is still having to learn the job as he goes along. Still, I reckon we will still have too big a squad for Rangers to cope with as the season unfolds, so all still to play for.

And we still had a great day out despite the draw.
    2 more penalties for Rangers again..................must be great!

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I didn't know there were any teams in Scotland? Do they play in the Premiership?
    Nah, we've failed the financial test to get in. Our debts only amount up to 30 million.

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    They aspire to...
    The greed of the money machine will never be sated. Within 7 years either a) the Scottish big two will be playing in the Premiership or b) a genuine European super league will take over from the likes of the Premier League.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Do they play in the Premiership?
    They aspire to...

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    Mind the gap.

No doubt Moanystrone will be on though with his usual tinfoil hat conspiracy "but..but...but it was pure 3 1/2 minutes into 3 minutes added time. Ra Sellic were cheated.

It's a wonder how Celtic can even snatch a win in the SPL with the media, refs, the SFA, the commentary team, the Illumiati, the Mormons, the Moomins and UEFA against them.

I didn't know there were any teams in Scotland? Do they play in the Premiership?

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    started a topic Ohhhhhhhhhhh Shaunyboy

Ohhhhhhhhhhh Shaunyboy

Mind the gap.

No doubt Moanystrone will be on though with his usual tinfoil hat conspiracy "but..but...but it was pure 3 1/2 minutes into 3 minutes added time. Ra Sellic were cheated.

It's a wonder how Celtic can even snatch a win in the SPL with the media, refs, the SFA, the commentary team, the Illumiati, the Mormons, the Moomins and UEFA against them.

Working...
X