• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "CUK Urban Dictionary Project"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    And again in English please?
    muck about

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Think, but don’t much about!
    And again in English please?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Oh! Didn't realise this was a real thing. I shall have a think
    Think, but don’t much about!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Oh! Didn't realise this was a real thing. I shall have a think

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Oh yes, unlike all of those you've submitted ...
    They're all accurate definitions. They're in the urban dictionary.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    But then it wouldn't have been an accurate definition.
    Oh yes, unlike all of those you've submitted ...

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    It's American site, should have tried baseball analogy instead
    But then it wouldn't have been an accurate definition.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    My main disappointment was that the editors rejected by definition of Boycott (verb), which was something like "to joylessly engage in a day-long sadomasochistic sex session in the style of Geoff Boycott on a go-slow to preserve his batting average".
    It's American site, should have tried baseball analogy instead

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    My main disappointment was that the editors rejected by definition of Boycott (verb), which was something like "to joylessly engage in a day-long sadomasochistic sex session in the style of Geoff Boycott on a go-slow to preserve his batting average".

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Hi Folks

I thought we could have a little project / holiday to add new words and definitions to Urban Dictionary . I've created a user name 'Cuksocker', and it would give a nice corporate look and feel if others wanted to use it. You will need to put in an email address I've created: [email protected] .

If you add a definition, an email will come through to that account and I'll need to confirm it. The key rule seems to be that 'in-jokes' will be rejected, so probably not worth submitting 'Marillion Fan'. However, complete invention seems to be fine. They don't all have to be unspeakably filthy - I've just submitted permiedom, which is inexplicably missing. But they can actually be unspeakably filthy if desired.

Do please post any new terms submitted here, so that you can take personal credit for this important project, but perhaps best to leave NSFW definitions out of the thread, or it will be off to Light Relief.

OG

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Oddly enough, Churchill was just 'Dogger of little discretion, who says, 'oh yes,' to any ropey old slapper.' I thought it was a shoe-in.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Progress from the editors:

Published are (assume NSFW):

Assguru Urban Dictionary: assguru

Bum and coke (2nd definition on page) Urban Dictionary: bum and coke

Dim prawn Urban Dictionary: dim prawn

C**tractor http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=c**tractor

Buckyballed Urban Dictionary: buckyballed

'Churchill' was rejected for publication.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Well, I'd completely forgotten about this but checked the email address last week and someone(s) has been quietly adding some new words. So here goes. Assume NSFW.

Greylist: Urban Dictionary: greylist
    Andy W: Urban Dictionary: Andy W
    Apoocalypse: Urban Dictionary: apoocalypse
    Gina ford: Urban Dictionary: gina ford

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Is Cukker there?
    Have a look and add it.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan