• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What domestic staff you do you have?"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Boudica View Post
    I have someone to wash my hair and paint my toenails, someone else to bake scones and sweep out the aviary, another to polish the shoes, mend socks and wipe the cat's bottom.

hth
    Oh! Does Sasguru work part time for you as well?

Leave a comment:

• Boudica
    replied
    I have someone to wash my hair and paint my toenails, someone else to bake scones and sweep out the aviary, another to polish the shoes, mend socks and wipe the cat's bottom.

hth

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    We have a lady who collects the clean clothes takes them away & then they come back all pressed & folded, will consider a cleaner in the future

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Our postman has been here for the last three years and waves to me if we pass in the street. He'll get a Christmas card with a "thanks" in it for not waking us up in the morning when he can just leave it on the porch.

Our bin men used to be great but now they are just renta-drones who do the job to the lowest acceptable standard. They can f off.

The Cleaner get's an extra weeks pay at Christmas, the gardener (me) gets a free night out with the lads. All other "staff" are under the age of 16 and pay me for the privilege of sweeping the chimneys.

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    forty cleaners on my books.

T

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    I am the staff. I'm sure DimPrawn would approve.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I don't have what you would call staff, but Darcus Howe has turned up at my house a few times with a film crew.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I employ a Gurkha, as a guard, and a punka-wallah to fan me when I get hot.

The gurkha, I saved when I was visiting the hindu Kush and he works for nothing, saying that his 'abunger' is mine. He was about to be executed , when I intervened to save him, and now he owes his life (not to mention his abunger) to me. Apparently he asked for tea and a scon, instead of tea and a scone, a serious misdemeanor in some parts.

The punka wallah, is after residence in the country, so I owe him no loyalty and pay the minimum wage (although he does wipe the grandsons abunger when the kid has the runs)

domestic staff - sheesh

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    I fancy taking my cleaner up the oxo tower.

Blonde, polish belter!

Leave a comment:

• Wodewick
    replied
    Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
    I have a full time "fluffer"
    You can't keep it up on your own? Is that really something to broadcast on t'interweb?

I guess thats the surprise - a floppy sausage!

Leave a comment:

• Boudica
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    ftfy

The longer I live in NL, the less I want to be Dutch.
    Dutch are like Germans without the sense of humour, apparently...

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    True, just not from those dutchmen.
    ftfy

The longer I live in NL, the less I want to be Dutch.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    You colonials still have so much to learn.
    True, just not from you dutchmen.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Can't someone be a cleaner and a wife?
    You colonials still have so much to learn.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Can't someone be a cleaner and a wife?
    Nothing wrong with a bit of the old role-play...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X