• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tried Oysters for the first time this weekend"

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    Fresh oysters, alternate with a nip of Tabasco and rock salt, With wholemeal bread and butter and wash down with Guinness.
    Used to be served just like that at Conran's pub, the Cow, in Ladbroke Grove.
    Heaven on earth.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

Do you know why they are an aphrodisiac?
    In a word, zinc.

P.S. I'm not keen on fresh oysters, but love smoked oysters.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by Durbs View Post
    Jesus, my worst nightmare, did you eat it?

Dont mind my steaks still moo-ing but sea snot slithering across the plate? I draw the line there.
    Yes I ate it but didn't mention it to the missus. Can't get fresher than that.

To add additional piquancy, Dita von Teese and female friend were at the table next to us eating exactly the same.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Mrs EO refuses to eat those tiny prawns, for the equal and opposite reason

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    They do look awful but taste lovely, up to you if you want to chew them or not.

Though I do a a friend who refuses to eat mussels on the basis they remind her of the female genitalia.
    Mrs EO refuses to eat those tiny prawns, for the equal and opposite reason

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Oh Jesus

But you are right... they look gross.
    They do look awful but taste lovely, up to you if you want to chew them or not.

Though I do a a friend who refuses to eat mussels on the basis they remind her of the female genitalia.

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    I was in Paris last year a had a the prestige plateau de fruits de mer at Bofinger and some of the shellfish were still moving around...
    Jesus, my worst nightmare, did you eat it?

Dont mind my steaks still moo-ing but sea snot slithering across the plate? I draw the line there.
    Last edited by Durbs; 25 October 2010, 12:38.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    oysters and guinness in the crown bar. perfect.

Leave a comment:

• Iron Condor
    replied
    Catching oysters is a potential Plan B.

The guy in this youtube video an ex software dude reckon he makes 100K from his little boat. But its only pocket money for him as he sold his software company and lives on the interest of that.

The Alchemists of Wall Street, 50 minutes long, worth watching from home.

YouTube - Quants: The Alchemists of Wall Street (Marije Meerman, VPRO Backlight 2010)

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I was in Paris last year a had a the prestige plateau de fruits de mer at Bofinger and some of the shellfish were still moving around...

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Oysters, seafood - yuck, just underwater bugs. I don't see anyone getting all slobbery over cockroaches, but prawns are just the underwater version.
    I thought the first bite is with the eye and Oysters look like something someone just coughed up.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you just swallow them without chewing ? ...... Hmm maybe that's why they purport to have aphrodisiac qualities
    Oh Jesus

But you are right... they look gross.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Oysters, seafood - yuck, just underwater bugs. I don't see anyone getting all slobbery over cockroaches, but prawns are just the underwater version.
    I thought the first bite is with the eye and Oysters look like something someone just coughed up.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you just swallow them without chewing ? ...... Hmm maybe that's why they purport to have aphrodisiac qualities
    I'm with you there Pogle, maybe we're just oiks. I think you and RC have hit the nail on the head.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Wow, class birds around here. I'll get my wallet. No, actually,
    You'd be eaten alive Mich! - and not in the good way

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    It's got to be pop.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Cod. I'm posh like that.

POP obviously. Don't go cheap on me on a date, it won't get results.
    Wow, class birds around here. I'll get my wallet. No, actually,

Leave a comment:

Working...
X