• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Went to poofball last night"

Collapse

• Darren@UptonAccountants
    replied
    Footy Players

Originally posted by Mailman
    Nice to see you accepting the truth

Hit those high paid poofta's where it hurts...in the pocket!

I bet after these homo's have had several weeks pay taken off them for the first offence and x game bans for each subsequent offence leading to eventual banning for life their behaviour would change pretty quick!

If these goons realise there are very serious consequences to their actions they will change. It wont happen over night, but it will happen...eventually!

Mailman
    MM...all players have it written into their contracts that if they receive a yellow or a red card during the game, an amount will be deducted from their salary. In the case of a red card, it tends to be either 1 or 2 weeks wages....not too much given the level of salary but a fine nevertheless. The FA can also impose fines on players for abuses match officials providing the match official report it.

Perhaps it's more down to the FA and the match officials to dish out more cards and fines, which may bring a bit more respect into the game.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    I agree. Mailman is obviouisly a suppressed queer, not quite at ease with his sexuality. Just go with the flow, man. Why don't you get in touch with LukeGuystalker or Captain Jack? I'm sure they'll be gentle with you.
    If he wants them to be...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
    Is there something you'd like to share with the board?
    I agree. Mailman is obviouisly a suppressed queer, not quite at ease with his sexuality. Just go with the flow, man. Why don't you get in touch with LukeGuystalker or Captain Jack? I'm sure they'll be gentle with you.

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    You seem to be a bit obsessed about homo's

I bet after these homo's have had several weeks pay taken off them for the first offence and x game bans for each subsequent offence leading to eventual banning for life their behaviour would change pretty quick!

If these goons realise there are very serious consequences to their actions they will change. It wont happen over night, but it will happen...eventually!

Mailman
    Is there something you'd like to share with the board?

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• OrangeHopper
    replied
    I was trying to point out that at parks level you can be banned - a very effective deterent - for persistent abuse of officials.

This will never happen at the professional level and fines will never be high enough to make any difference.

Hence my belief that it can only be achieved if the attitude of players and managers changes. An attitude that is present within rudgy.

Nice to see I'm a "lower" class of person.

Leave a comment:

• Mustang
    replied
    Agree with the comments of my learned fellow contractors...... .........rugby is a much better game!!

The FA is to blame - instead of getting involved in after work activities with their secretaries, they should focus on what is happening to their beloved sport. Better discipline and fines for the over paid stars would be a good starting point..........

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    I know I shouldnt blaspheme...but freedom of speach and all that!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    You should be beheaded.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by OrangeHopper
    I don't know what the answers are but my reasoning simply leads me to believe it is the responsibility of professional players and managers to adopt an appropriate level of respect. A stricter penalty regime won't work let alone be allowed.
    Its quite simple, bring in sin bins and smack em where it really hurts...the poclet!

Also bring in massive fines for those goons who call themselves managers who seem to hate everything refs stand for. If these guys think its such a easy thing to do why dont they go out and ref a couple top class games...I suspect their appreciation of match officials will go up after being subjected to the same abuse they are so keen to put out there!

I know rugby has its flash points but abusing the officials is rare and is all the better for it.
    The difference with Rugby (apart from a higher class of person who plays) is that discipline and respect for officials are not only taught from the first day you play but is also enforced by the ruling body that oversees the game.

Sure you get the occassional hot head BUT what you dont see is players manhandling and screaming in refs faces like the morons who play poof ball!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• supremepods
    replied
    blah blah blah ......

......... I got thinking...no wonder we call poofball, poofball when players show a complete lack of respect for the officials.

.....blah blah blah

Mailman
    WE don't call it that you twat !

blah blah blah ......

....Perhaps I need to be "nicked" by the local coppa for disorderly behaviuour?

.....blah blah blah

Mailman
    Nicked by the local coppa eh ? Yes . you've really got your finger on the pulse haven't you ?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by stackpole
    Diving is worse than abuse.
    Jacko likes diving... I think it must be the neoprene...

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Diving is worse than abuse.

Leave a comment:

• bodnobal
    replied
    Hell a yank having a pop at football, whatever next. At least you got up off your fat arse to watch it. Credit where credit is due.

Leave a comment:

• OrangeHopper
    replied
    I have always been amazed at the level of abuse professional footballers are allowed to get away with.

I played a couple of decades of park football and abusing the ref or linesmen was just not acceptable. Immediate sending off if the player continued beyond the first outburst. Habitual offenders would find themselves banded. You might say so what but for someone who wants to play then a ban is hard to circumvent unless you are willing to travel a fair distance to play outside of your area.

I don't know what the answers are but my reasoning simply leads me to believe it is the responsibility of professional players and managers to adopt an appropriate level of respect. A stricter penalty regime won't work let alone be allowed.

I know rugby has its flash points but abusing the officials is rare and is all the better for it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X