• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Love your enemies

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Love your enemies"

Collapse

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Just a moment though

How come the bible hasn't been banned for it's sexism?

Thou shalt not covet your neighbour's wife or his civil partner.

I'm surprised the professional faggot apoligists aren't all over it like a rash (how appropriate)

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist
    how much should you love them ?

a little bit, or a lot. It a bit light on the detail Chico
    Thou Shalt Not Covet Thy Neighbour's Wife or Wifi

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    how much should you love them ?

a little bit, or a lot. It a bit light on the detail Chico

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Oh, I'd quite like to see

Originally posted by threaded
    Maybe gets off on rough sex, snuff movies, that kinda thang?
    chico star in a snuff movie.
    (But doesn't it make you sneeze?)

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Maybe gets off on rough sex, snuff movies, that kinda thang?

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Well that's a bit stupid

Love your enemies????
    Why would you love someone who is your enemy?
    I don't get it.

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Originally posted by Chico
    Today's verse of the day courtesy of Bible Gateway.Com

"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. ”- Matthew 5:43-45
    Oooh, Chico, you cheeky tolerant chappy you. What made you change your mind from the message being "deal out death and pre-emptive strikes to those who might in the future possibly become your enemy?"

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong
    Oh it's the meek...blessed are the meek! That's nice, I'm glad they're getting something, 'cause they have a hell of a time.

"Yeah. Well, what Jesus blatantly fails to appreciate is that it's the meek who are the problem."

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by expat
    Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the dirt.
    Oh it's the meek...blessed are the meek! That's nice, I'm glad they're getting something, 'cause they have a hell of a time.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied

"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. ”- Matthew 5:43-45
    Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the dirt.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    And Sun-Tzu before him as well.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    Erm, Niccolo Machiavelli, shirley?
    Does Michael Corleone exist?

Btw, Your Omnipotent Saviour Threaded, it looks like it was Julius Caesar to say it first, didn't he?
    Last edited by Francko; 9 February 2006, 08:12.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko
    "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer" -

Michael Corleone
    Erm, Niccolo Machiavelli, shirley?

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied

"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer" -

Michael Corleone

Leave a comment:

• privateeye
    replied

bollox - make your enemies PAY then they never stay to be an enemy no more

Leave a comment:

Working...
X