• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Fable that the first programmer was a woman rigorously debunked"

Collapse

• Saddo
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    No, but she gave good head.
    Was she mouthy?

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Nice thread title.

A Woman Rigorously Debunked is going to be my next Regency-setting Mills & Boon novel.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Linda Lovelace was not the first programmer
    No, but she gave good head.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I've used both Ada and Babbage languages. Babbage was a lot of fun.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Ada Lovelace was not the first programmer, despite the claim being perpetuated in a new book, according to a credible appearing Register article that reads a bit like a Daily Mash article.

The article suggests instead that Babbage (a man) and his sons (also male) were the first programmers, while Ada (female) was a scatter brained proofreader who was a bit of a harlot, gambler and a druggy and who couldn't programme for toffee.
    I bet she couldn't reverse park or read maps either.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    This thread is not for females
    Well that's me told.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Oh dear. Has some lass being giving you lip in Asda?
    This thread is not for females

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Ada Lovelace was not the first programmer, despite the claim being perpetuated in a new book, according to a credible appearing Register article that reads a bit like a Daily Mash article.

The article suggests instead that Babbage (a man) and his sons (also male) were the first programmers, while Ada (female) was a scatter brained proofreader who was a bit of a harlot, gambler and a druggy and who couldn't programme for toffee.

So there is a difference of opinion there then. What we males need now is someone to write how the female 'programmers' at Bletchley were not programmers either, just transcribers or something.

Poet's daughter was first programmer? NOT ? The Register

In other news, some chap wants to built Babbage's steam powered Analytical Engine, but he wants paying:
    Legendary steampunk computer 'should be built' - programmer ? The Register

I wouldn't mind doing that too, but I also want paying.
    Oh dear. Has some lass being giving you lip in Asda?

Leave a comment:

• Fable that the first programmer was a woman rigorously debunked

So there is a difference of opinion there then. What we males need now is someone to write how the female 'programmers' at Bletchley were not programmers either, just transcribers or something.

Poet's daughter was first programmer? NOT ? The Register

In other news, some chap wants to built Babbage's steam powered Analytical Engine, but he wants paying:
    Legendary steampunk computer 'should be built' - programmer ? The Register

I wouldn't mind doing that too, but I also want paying.

Working...
X