• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Curried Goat

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Curried Goat"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Got access to all the necessary ingredients, have googled it and consulted me library of cookbooks, was just putting it to the general populace, in case anyone would have a good recipe they may have tried and enjoyed.
    YouTube - Janice and Ray Christmas dinner - The Catherine Tate Christmas Show - BBC comedy

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    I made a curried goat recipe years ago, and just used lamb because I couldn't find goat. It was a Jamaican recipe that I found on the interweb, and it had scotch bonnet peppers and potatoes in the curry. It was awesome but very hot.
    Scotch bonnet has a wonderful flavour even though it is fiery, so would highly recommend using it.
    Got access to all the necessary ingredients, have googled it and consulted me library of cookbooks, was just putting it to the general populace, in case anyone would have a good recipe they may have tried and enjoyed.

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    I made a curried goat recipe years ago, and just used lamb because I couldn't find goat. It was a Jamaican recipe that I found on the interweb, and it had scotch bonnet peppers and potatoes in the curry. It was awesome but very hot.
    Scotch bonnet has a wonderful flavour even though it is fiery, so would highly recommend using it.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Last edited by Paddy; 3 October 2010, 17:42.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Shoulder will need slow cooking, was looking for some "proper" Caribbean recipes, you can google but you can't beat a good family or tried and trusted recipe.

Thought as I'm doing a 5 hour leg of lamb tomorrow ,could stick the goat in the oven for the same length of time.
    I can ask the wife to facebookem?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Shoulder will need slow cooking, was looking for some "proper" Caribbean recipes, you can google but you can't beat a good family or tried and trusted recipe.

Thought as I'm doing a 5 hour leg of lamb tomorrow ,could stick the goat in the oven for the same length of time.
    As Numpty says, it's got to be a long slow cook.

I was under the impression it was a weekend soak/cook style job.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    I don't have a recipe, but the best goat I've ever eaten was in Spain. It was slow roasted and kid rather than adult. I imagine that either Google or SKA would give some hints.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Managed to get some shoulder of goat from a local farm.

Of anyone has any recipes curried or otherwise that they may have cooked....................
    No, sorry, but I do know (from friends of Carribean origin) the meat is very tough and needs extensive slow cooking. The meat holds spicey flavours far better than lamb or beef for instance so I am told.

Whatever you cook up, be sure to post it with your experiences and I will give it a go.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I've always fancied trying curried goat. When I lived in Hackney I used to hang out in this cool West Indian bar/club late into the morning playing pool.

They had a little hatch with the best West Indian food I've ever tasted. Never tried goat though.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    started a topic Curried Goat

Curried Goat

Managed to get some shoulder of goat from a local farm.

Of anyone has any recipes curried or otherwise that they may have cooked....................

Working...
X