• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Mr Ed. makes a speech..."

Collapse

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Meet the New Boss - Same as the Old Boss !

If voting could change anything - they would ban it immediately !

Leave a comment:

• sunnysan
    replied
    War

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Just a bit of a shame that he never felt moved to expressing those very grave concerns until AFTER he had been given the helm. Fecking hypocrite!! No change there then!!
    WHS ++ , All very well to take advantage of prevailing public opinion when it is suddenly politically expedient to do so.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Can't wait for him to replace that smarmy little Cameron
    You think he's going to become leader of the Conservatives too?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Another thing that annoys me. Everyone is in a fever over the possibility that Dave might walk away from Politics. Walk away becaue you did not get top job? What a petulant tosspot.............."I'm not playing if I don't get to be Team Captain!!"
    Just shows the pathetic playground level our political leadership have attained.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    "But I do believe that we were wrong. Wrong to take Britain to war and we need to be honest about that."

As the idiot Harriet Harperson enthusiastically joined in the applause for that, David Milliband was heard* to say to her "But you voted for the war".

*Actually, it was the BBC lipreader

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    But I do believe that we were wrong. Wrong to take Britain to war and we need to be honest about that
    Just a bit of a shame that he never felt moved to expressing those very grave concerns until AFTER he had been given the helm. Fecking hypocrite!! No change there then!!

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    1. No mention of the Iraq war that Labour dragged us into.
    2. No mention of the poor economic policies of el Gordo that means we have one of the worst economic positions of the major economies, financial crisis notwithstanding
    3. No mention of the fact that Britain has one of worst pensions situations when in 1997 it had one of the best.
    4. No mention of the fact that public services are still nowhere near continental standards in spite of the billions poured into them over more than a decade.
    5. No mention of any coherent industrial and economic policy going forward.

Yet more BS from yet another career politico without any training in logic, no integrity and his head up his arse.
    Did you read the speech before belming those accusations? I wouldn't trust him as far as I could tulip, but I wouldn't come out with what you just put, when he did address several of those points. Just one quick example:

Iraq was an issue that divided our party and our country. Many sincerely believed that the world faced a real threat. I criticise nobody faced with making the toughest of decisions and I honour our troops who fought and died there.

But I do believe that we were wrong. Wrong to take Britain to war and we need to be honest about that.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    2. No mention of the poor economic policies of el Gordo that means we have one of the worst economic positions of the major economies, financial crisis notwithstanding
    3. No mention of the fact that Britain has one of worst pensions situations when in 1997 it had one of the best.
    4. No mention of the fact that public services are still nowhere near continental standards in spite of the billions poured into them over more than a decade.

Yet more BS from yet another career politico without any training in logic, no integrity and his head up his arse.
    God... I hate agreeing with you

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    They arrived with nothing. This country gave them everything.
    Bloody immigrants!
    Last edited by Troll; 28 September 2010, 15:33.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    I watched it and thought he was pretty good.

Only another 4 and half years to go

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    I watched it and thought he was pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    So his Grandad and his Dad ditched his Nan at the outset of the war, and hightailed it to Blighty on a boat.
    Quality.
    How long before we hear him trumpeting on about "Family Values"?? And will that happen before or after he ditches his big Brother?

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I won't be beholden to the unions. Even though they are the only people in the country who wanted me in this job.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    A horse is a horse, of course, of course,
    And no one can talk to a horse of course,
    That is, of course, unless the horse
    Is the famous Mister Ed.

"I am Mister Ed!"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X