• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: In Brussels!!!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "In Brussels!!!"

Collapse

• MrMark
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I reckon he's tied up in just his stained white y-fronts, hanging from a wall, large red ball gag in his mouth and a gimp mask struggling against the rope and wondering why the hell he choose a pre-op transexual hooker from the Ukraine last night after a couple of beers!!
    Maybe, he's gone back for more...

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    It's gone very quiet!
    I reckon he's tied up in just his stained white y-fronts, hanging from a wall, large red ball gag in his mouth and a gimp mask struggling against the rope and wondering why the hell he choose a pre-op transexual hooker from the Ukraine last night after a couple of beers!!

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    It's gone very quiet!

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Spot on.

And after experiencing an Ibis or two your remarks on those are correct; I have avoided them like the plague ever since.

A family run hotel will probably have a much better restaurant as well.
    I've been staying in the Ibis here since February and its actually quite good, very friendly staff, quite rooms and an underground carpark which you can only access by driving your car into a lift, and the price is pretty good (they even find me a room even when apparently fully booked out.) The one in Köln center on the other hand, its not too bad but like the one I stayed in in Bonn all of last year has this bloody airduct in the room and you can hear whats going on in every room above and below you. Lucky that Ibis hotels have spare towels which I used to plug up this duct.

I stay also in family hotels and some of them are right tulip. One I stayed in right in the center of Bonn had no lift and my room seemed to be someones apartment right up the top in the attic with a staircase that would make Everest look easy and I won't talk about the one in Amsterdam or the couple in the UK...

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    FFS AtW, the EU HQ is in Brussels because the food is so bloody good. You don't think that overpaid civil servants, bankers and international tax lawyers are going to set up shop above a kebab vendor in bloody Swindon do you?
    Spot on.

And after experiencing an Ibis or two your remarks on those are correct; I have avoided them like the plague ever since.

A family run hotel will probably have a much better restaurant as well.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    FFS don't send AtW to Trulli's. People would stare as the Belgies are not as polite/don't tolerate eccentrics/have not as much aplomb as Brits.
    Yeah but be fair sas, what did you expect, walking in there in your Village People costume?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    FFS don't send AtW to Trulli's. People would stare as the Belgies are not as polite/don't tolerate eccentrics/have not as much aplomb as Brits.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I don't wear any watch.
    But you don't deny wearing a shellsuit.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I don't wear any watch.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Oh by the way AtW, if you go to Trulli’s they won’t let you in if you’re wearing a shellsuit and a fake Rolex (in fact not even a real Rolex as it's a sign of being arriviste); they don’t like that kind of thing. They're from Turin; they have class.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Metro is a bit tuliplike - certainly worse than London's, bought some snacks and drinks at shop on the train station and did not get offered a bag to carry them

Train ticket machine did not like 1 euro coins

No jacuzzi in my hotel room, I'll be asking for a refund!!!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Its like Dumb and Dumber from Hicksville going to the big city.
    Doh!

Check out the hotel sites on t’internet, book into ibis because it’s more expensive than the nice little places and cheaper and crappier than the smart places; really good value for money, to be sure! Get a train leaving at a convenient time and arriving at an inconvenient time because it saves money. Discover everything’s closed on a Monday evening. Complain and rant on CUK, and try convincing the world that the food's crap in Brussels.

FFS AtW, the EU HQ is in Brussels because the food is so bloody good. You don't think that overpaid civil servants, bankers and international tax lawyers are going to set up shop above a kebab vendor in bloody Swindon do you?
    Last edited by Mich the Tester; 28 September 2010, 12:34.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Its like Dumb and Dumber from Hicksville going to the big city.
    Doh!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I've never had that problem at the Royal Windsor or the sofitel Le Louise. Just call room service and get a fabulous 7 course meal served on your own private balcony with your loved one (or your hired one in some cases).

contracted

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    You can try the restaurants Recommended here

Have been to all of them, good food and good beer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X