• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone else off with flu?"

Collapse

• Boudica
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    I'll alert the Media.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by lukemg View Post
    You are in bed ill. You realise you have dropped 50 quid at the garden gate when you came in, someone will no doubt notice it soon - you are too sick to go and get it - You have Flu.
    You get up - you have a cold.
    HTH.
    What about other monetary sums that would be left at the garden gate?

50p = runny nose
    £5 = heavy cold
    £50 = flu (allegedly)
    £500,000 = Bird flu

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    That's only cause you're all gay dahn sarf and a runny nose and a sneeze has you all shouting 'FLU'.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    So it would appear Luton is the epicentre. You are all doomed.
    I can think of a number of instances in which Luton being the epicentre is a good thing.
    A Nuclear strike for example.......flash flooding.....or an outbreak of Bubonic Plague even.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Just had a call from one of my local clients. I told him I was off ill, and he said "Not with this flu that's going around, one of my mates got it last week, totally wiped him out for about 2-3 days".

So it would appear Luton is the epicentre. You are all doomed.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by lukemg View Post
    You are in bed ill. You realise you have dropped 50 quid at the garden gate when you came in, someone will no doubt notice it soon - you are too sick to go and get it - You have Flu.
    HTH.
    I concur. From when I collapsed on Saturday to when I crawled out of bed yesterday afternoon there was no raising me.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    HTH.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied

Feeling slightly better today, after a lot of fevers. Washed out, but feeling like the battle is won. Should be back to work tomorrow.
    I'll alert the Media.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    [
    Feeling slightly better today, after a lot of fevers. Washed out, but feeling like the battle is won. Should be back to work tomorrow.
    Were you ever away?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Boudica View Post
    i've had some lurgy for over a week, it is very depressing, generously I have shared it with my OH.

the worst thing to do is to not take it lying down and try to do stuff when you are still unwell, i did that and made it last longer.

stay down.
    [1] Flu can lead to a bout of depression afterwards. It doesn't last.
    [2] I intend to. I had a lurgy last year and soldiered on. It lasted 6 months. The Dr said it was "post viral fatigue". On my bad days I could not get out of bed. When a bug wipes you off your feet like this, your advice is sound.

Leave a comment:

• ItsQuickerAntiClockwise
    replied
    Originally posted by Boudica View Post
    i've had some lurgy for over a week, it is very depressing, generously I have shared it with my OH.

the worst thing to do is to not take it lying down and try to do stuff when you are still unwell, i did that and made it last longer.

stay down.

today i went to uni and made the mistake of picking up a tissue that was on a seat i wanted to sit on and it was wet, the tissue not seat it still makes me feel sick

tissues should come with tongs
    its not like you ate something afterwards though ....... did you?

Leave a comment:

• Boudica
    replied

stay down.

today i went to uni and made the mistake of picking up a tissue that was on a seat i wanted to sit on and it was wet, the tissue not seat it still makes me feel sick

tissues should come with tongs

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    I think I've had flu once. Even then I managed to struggle to the PC.
    Did have to take a day off a couple of months back with a bout of laryngitis, only because I completely lost my voice.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    You'd best use a (very) crisp tenner for the coke snorting session then.
    All my tenners are minty fresh.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I wasn't too keen on the cashier taking time out to blow his nose and before handing me my change. It was an extended snotty nose blow, culminating in much nose wiping and a sickly look. And a final wipe of the fingers on my £5 note.
    You'd best use a (very) crisp tenner for the coke snorting session then.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X