• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Pokistan

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Pokistan"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Will the Queen of Denmark be going as well?

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    in fact, that he is offering to make a contribution towards my airfare
    I missed that bit. I'd be willing to chip in a few quid too, as would many others here I suspect. We're all nice people too

Leave a comment:

• Boudica
    replied
    Following careful consideration, I have decided against my planned trip to Karachi. This is largely down to issues of personal security and health.

As a corollary to this, I now have the opportunity of what I think may be a much more fulifilling visit to the country. I was discussing my original visit with a colleague of mine named Khalid whose family hails from Pokisatn.

Khalid has suggested that I accompany him next year back to his homeland in the north-west border region of the country where I will be assured of a much more authentic experience than that I would have had in Karachi. He is so keen , in fact, that he is offering to make a contribution towards my airfare. What nice people I work with!
    Yes, I imagine hanging out with the taliban in pakistan could be called 'authentic'

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I was asked by a supplier on a trip in Nepal to travel with across land to Kashmir.

He was a little put out when I said no as it was dangerous. You will be safe with me said, do you not trust me?!?

I said 'yes' but pointed at my face and asked him what colour I was! 'White!' came the reply. 'Exactly! I'm the wrong colour!!!'

'Good point ' he said. 'Catch a plane I'll meet you there.'

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Why is this crap sockie allowed to stay on here for so long?
    WHS

And why does he insist on spelling Pakistan wrongly?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Why is this crap sockie allowed to stay on here for so long?

Leave a comment:

• gricerboy
    replied
    Following careful consideration, I have decided against my planned trip to Karachi. This is largely down to issues of personal security and health.

As a corollary to this, I now have the opportunity of what I think may be a much more fulifilling visit to the country. I was discussing my original visit with a colleague of mine named Khalid whose family hails from Pokisatn.

Khalid has suggested that I accompany him next year back to his homeland in the north-west border region of the country where I will be assured of a much more authentic experience than that I would have had in Karachi. He is so keen , in fact, that he is offering to make a contribution towards my airfare. What nice people I work with!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Visit Lahore Railway Station and take the Friendship Express to Delhi (if it's running)
    Lahore Railway Station - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    And with bottled water, make sure the restaurant doesn't do the old trick of pouring tap water into a mineral water bottle and placing it on the table. Insist that they bring the bottle to the table unopened to be sure.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    The Quran doesn't apply to Hindus or Sikhs though.
    Are they big on uphill gardening then?

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Doesn't the Quran forbid buggery?
    The Quran doesn't apply to Hindus or Sikhs though.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    There is the Pakistan Air force Museum where
    Over the weekend.... as you do ..I somehow found myself on wiki looking at British Centurion & Chieftain tanks.. and their roles in the Indo-Pakistani War of 1965, what caught my eye was the success of the Centurion over the Pakistani Pattons/Shermans
    Last edited by Troll; 27 September 2010, 11:26.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Sex before marriage is forbidden so the men tend to have experimental anal sex with other men.
    Doesn't the Quran forbid buggery?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    I am very fastidious about good hygiene and possibly slightly neurotic when it comes to eating out wherever I am in the world as I do not wish to expose myself to the risk of any stomach ailments. I will follow my normal routine of bottled water only and avoid salad and fruit that has been washed in water. I'll be fine.
    When they do their number twos they don’t use toilet paper. They will use their hand and some cold water. If lucky; they could wash their hands before preparing your food. Much of the food had food colouring that are intended for dying clothes and are hazardous. Many western labelled food are in fact local low standard rip-off copies
    Keep away from meat, fish and vegetables. In fact take your own food and water. Sex before marriage is forbidden so the men tend to have experimental anal sex with other men.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by ItsQuickerAntiClockwise View Post
    I went to India once. Never eat food from the local market. I spent the rest of my time crouched over a toilet pleading for death while my body was tearing me a new a...hole in order to get it out quick enough.
    You probably ignored the advice offered by the distinguished members of CUK!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X