• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Anti depressants

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anti depressants"

Collapse

• Boudica
    replied
    They can make you more depressed/anxious etc. A friend of mine is a psychoanalyst (the lay on the sofa freudian type) and says that a lot of diagnoses given out by gp's and psychiatrists are just excuses for bad behaviour...

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Sorry! I should have warned about it in the title....
    No, don't be sorry. I found it amusing.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    It appeared "Wilmslowesque" in its nature.
    Sorry! I should have warned about it in the title....

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Why is that sh!te ?
    It appeared "Wilmslowesque" in its nature.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I suspect, now, don't think me an expert here - that the site Google directed you to, was full of tulipe.

'I'm going to prescribe you an anti depressant, it should work wonders on your mood - there are some known side effects;headaches, a bit of nausea, murdering sprees, you know the type. Good luck!"
    They were medical journals which mentioned it. In fact the name of the medicine brings up a heck of a lot of results that talk just about side effects. Depressing..

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Don't worry. I dont need drugs to make me feel like I need to murder someone.
    . Need knives?

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    I'm assuming that you meant to register a sockie before you posted that sh!te.
    Why is that sh!te ?

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Actually one of the side effects of SSRIs (the class of antidepressants that includes prozac) is that they can make people suicidal and increase aggressiveness.

One of my exes was on the stuff, during which time she complained of feeling suicidal and on one occasion attacked me with a breadknife. I'd like to think it wasn't just because I was a ****
    Jeez. Why didn't it work with her?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I suspect, now, don't think me an expert here - that the site Google directed you to, was full of tulipe.

'I'm going to prescribe you an anti depressant, it should work wonders on your mood - there are some known side effects;headaches, a bit of nausea, murdering sprees, you know the type. Good luck!"
    Actually one of the side effects of SSRIs (the class of antidepressants that includes prozac) is that they can make people suicidal and increase aggressiveness.

One of my exes was on the stuff, during which time she complained of feeling suicidal and on one occasion attacked me with a breadknife. I'd like to think it wasn't just because I was a ****

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    patients tend to commit murder of someone who they think is bothering them or commit suicide.
    Either way, from his perspective, problem solved. The drugs do work!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I once worked with a project manager who was on medication and had regular therapy sessions. You could tell when he’d taken his pills or had a weekend of therapy as he was reasonably calm for a few days. However, once the effect wore off he was a raging nutcase who couldn't go 5 minutes without shouting at someone.

It's not uncommon among senior managers.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Some other side effects of Anti drepressants are depression.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Anybody use this or live with/work with someone who does ?

Had a recent episode with a junior guy who behaved quite aggressively with me regarding a trivial matter. Later found he is on some medication for depression. Googling the said medication has made me nervous since it says patients tend to commit murder of someone who they think is bothering them or commit suicide.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Gricerboy?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Anybody use this or live with/work with someone who does ?

Had a recent episode with a junior guy who behaved quite aggressively with me regarding a trivial matter. Later found he is on some medication for depression. Googling the said medication has made me nervous since it says patients tend to commit murder of someone who they think is bothering them or commit suicide.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X