• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Pawnbrokers: middle classes flock to cash in their valuables"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Gurning, cretinous and village idiot in the same sentence. This is a welcome return to form Sas.
    He is an idiot all right, but don't insult him like this, that's no class at all, he might flounce off again

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Gurning, cretinous and village idiot in the same sentence. This is a welcome return to form Sas.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    If ever there's a need for a gurning, cretinous village idiot with no skills whatsoever, I'm sure they Headhunters will find you.

Yeah, but only if YOU are unavailable!!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    If it happens, then just like you, they will have to hope they get headhunted by the Fook-Up Fairy!!

If ever there's a need for a gurning, cretinous village idiot with no skills whatsoever, I'm sure they Headhunters will find you.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Don't get me started on another issue
    Exactly what is wrong with this country - public sector workers assuming their job is safe.
    FFS I really hope the Tories rip out that complacency for good
    If it happens, then just like you, they will have to hope they get headhunted by the Fook-Up Fairy!!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Both my brother and his wife are police inspectors so not much chance of losing their income.

Don't get me started on another issue
    Exactly what is wrong with this country - public sector workers assuming their job is safe.
    FFS I really hope the Tories rip out that complacency for good

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    If losing that income causes you to lose the house, then you are not middle class. That was the point of the thread, although it seems to have escaped you - the fact that for some, "middle-classness" is skin deep.

I think you are middle class if you have solid capital (whether it be a paid up house or enough assets not to have to pawn things or lose your home if you lose your income).

HTH, but IDI
    Nothing escaped me as I completely understood what you were trying to get across, outlining your own financial position and declaring everyone beneath that working class doesn't make your definition right.

Both my brother and his wife are police inspectors so not much chance of losing their income.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    So living in 6 bed Georgian Terrace in Clifton on a joint income of 98k makes you working class does it? My brother is going to be gutted when I tell him.
    If losing that income causes you to lose the house, then you are not middle class. That was the point of the thread, although it seems to have escaped you - the fact that for some, "middle-classness" is skin deep.

I think you are middle class if you have solid capital (whether it be a paid up house or enough assets not to have to pawn things or lose your home if you lose your income).

HTH, but IDI

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    So living in 6 bed Georgian Terrace in Clifton on a joint income of 98k makes you working class does it? My brother is going to be gutted when I tell him.
    No what makes your brother working class is his chewing on straws and gormless oooh-aaaar accent.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Oops I see there's already 6 pages of ridicule, that'll teach me not to jump in without reading the rest.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    With that spelling I believe he cuts bits off the caravan for dark magic!!!

1 part Accenture
    2 parts PWC
    1 Portaloo!!

Moo haa haaaaaaaaaa!
    penchant [ˈpɒŋʃɒŋ]
    n
    a strong inclination or liking; bent or taste
    [from French, from pencher to incline, from Latin pendēre to be suspended]
    Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    If you are genuinely middle class you shouldn't need to pawn anything. Perhaps its the definition of middle class thats the issue.
    Middle class to me means little or no mortgage, no debts, household income of at least 6 figures. Why would you need to pawn anything?
    FFS This country and some of its people are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    So it is he who has the penchant for caravans?
    With that spelling I believe he cuts bits off the caravan for dark magic!!!

1 part Accenture
    2 parts PWC
    1 Portaloo!!

Moo haa haaaaaaaaaa!

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    It was a free holiday paid for by the father in law, a muti millionaire retired company MD with a dodgy ticker.

I got the kids to jump out and shout boo when ever he walked past and burst out of the wardrobe at 2am with a large scythe, six inch platforms and a large cloak!!

He's still with us, so all in all a Fail all round!
    So it is he who has the penchant for caravans?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    It was a free holiday paid for by the father in law, a muti millionaire retired company MD with a dodgy ticker.

I got the kids to jump out and shout boo when ever he walked past and burst out of the wardrobe at 2am with a large scythe, six inch platforms and a large cloak!!

He's still with us, so all in all a Fail all round!
    Yeah, but at least the farting has stopped!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X