• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Commuting Brighton to Sutton"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    When I were a lad it were ALL fields!!

SB in "Eeeeebygoom" mode
    Aye 'tis true tha knoz. I was gobsmacked on my first train trip from Victoria Station to Gatwick as a teenager by seeing solid housing as far as the horizon.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
    Brighton is a tiny little village in`Cornwall
    Sutton (in Ashfield) is a bigger place near Mansfield

They are apparently 300 odd miles apart which is circa 5hrs.

All I did was type Brighton and Sutton into Directions in Google Maps, as a favour as you were too ******* lazy to do it.

The difficulty with the solution being I had no f*king idea where you were or wanted to be. If you hadn't been such a lazy *rse you could have JFGI yourself and possibly got a more useful answer.
    Thanks for that.

Remember the Google route does not take into account time spent in traffic jams, so although Google might say it is a perfectly feasible commute assuming you'll be doing 60 mph down a long stretch of road, in practice, if it's in the southeast, it might actually be more like a 5mph speed limit.

Seeing you helped, me, it's only fair I help you.

Home - Anger and Conflict Management

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    I'd drive it. Get a decent sat nav you can program a good route into and choose the smallest least congested lanes you can to get from Brighton to London.

Either that or get a motorbike.

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    5,2 miles. Stopping at lights etc it will take at least 30 mins. Tram and train is 25 mins
    Cyclists stopping at lights? Yeah, right!

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

SB in "Eeeeebygoom" mode
    They should grow some potatoes.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
    I live near Sutton, I can't speak for north-bound traffic on the M/A23 in the morning or southbound in the evening but it's going to be madness getting from the M25 in rush hour.

What are you like at cycling? You could get a train to East Croydon and then cycle to Sutton? It's only 4 miles.
    5,2 miles. Stopping at lights etc it will take at least 30 mins. Tram and train is 25 mins

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
    What are you like at cycling? You could get a train to East Croydon and then cycle to Sutton? It's only 4 miles.
    This would definitely be quickest and keep you fit as well.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Train to East Croydon, snooz on train
    Three mins on the Tram to West Crydon grab a coffee
    Train to Sutton read Metro

All about 1 1/2 hrs

or sit in car and crawl at 5 mph for three hours

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Taking a car through Sutton, Cheam, Croydon, etc is like trying to drive through custard.
    I generally try to avoid that part of 'that London'

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I believe the 'Mans' part of Mansfield is due to be dropped as part of the Government cutbacks in the North.

Whole parts of the North will just become fields again.
    Mansfield isn't in the North, its East midlands.

Leave a comment:

• Wodewick
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    Mansfield sounds like it's up north.
    Well spotted that soggy damp area

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I believe the 'Mans' part of Mansfield is due to be dropped as part of the Government cutbacks in the North.

SB in "Eeeeebygoom" mode

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied

All I did was type Brighton and Sutton into Directions in Google Maps, as a favour as you were too ******* lazy to do it.

The difficulty with the solution being I had no f*king idea where you were or wanted to be. If you hadn't been such a lazy *rse you could have JFGI yourself and possibly got a more useful answer.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied

0/10 for not being South-Eastern centric in your outlook

Leave a comment:

Working...
X