• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Brushing your teeth at lunch time"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Nearly every time I walk into the loo after lunch there's someoneone brushing their teeth.

This never happened back home. Perhaps the food is more corrosive here...
    Perhaps they're all having lunchtime liaisons. Maybe you're the only one missing out on post prandial nookie.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    I have a toothbrush in the office

Brush a few times a day... it relaxes me. I have a rather unhealthy obsession with toothpaste.

My fave thing is on holiday (wherever I am!!) I have to go to the supermarket and see what they have and if there is anything different to what I already have

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by aussielong View Post
    Someone in work did a massive dump after a curry, really carved up the trap, right up the back, on the seat,etc. But the silly sausage dropped his pass in there on the way out. Rumbled!

How did you know it was his jobby? Did it have his name on it? He might have been the second customer...

Leave a comment:

• aussielong
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I have been meaning to comment on this before, I do not understand the need to brush your teeth durung the day in the office, especially when Big Ron is in trap two squirting last nights curry out.
    Someone in work did a massive dump after a curry, really carved up the trap, right up the back, on the seat,etc. But the silly sausage dropped his pass in there on the way out. Rumbled!
    Last edited by aussielong; 27 August 2010, 11:44. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
    contractorde.com is available as it seems more people here are in Germany than in the UK
    It's where the money is;-)

Leave a comment:

• sunnysan
    replied
    CUK url change

contractorde.com is available as it seems more people here are in Germany than in the UK

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Many years ago, yeah, then they stopped it so you had to go upstairs to the posh bit and order a couple of bottles of wine. I've had beer in many canteens in Germany, some places even have it in the vending machines
    I remember whilst stationed in Germany that the local Blood Donation Mob came on camp to collect donations. They would normally, I believe, have given out a monetary payment to donors. However, as we were not allowed to accept any wonga, they gave us a Herfy handbag instead (i.e. a Pack of 10 bottles of Herforder Pils). Result!!

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Many years ago, yeah, then they stopped it so you had to go upstairs to the posh bit and order a couple of bottles of wine. I've had beer in many canteens in Germany, some places even have it in the vending machines
    We have a little on-site shop that sells it.

And a fridge full of it in the office.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Aman View Post
    ESOC?

Leave a comment:

• Aman
    replied
    Thats one of the things I've noticed in Germany along with opening the bloody windows and wearing scarves in the office (oh, and beer in the canten.)
    ESOC?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Thats one of the things I've noticed in Germany along with opening the bloody windows and wearing scarves in the office (oh, and beer in the canten.)

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied

Brush a few times a day... it relaxes me. I have a rather unhealthy obsession with toothpaste.

My fave thing is on holiday (wherever I am!!) I have to go to the supermarket and see what they have and if there is anything different to what I already have
    It's not just holidays though is it?

As our Boots loyalty card will testify...

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I'm the opposite. The only thing that really annoys me about living in Germany is that I can't get my favourite toothpaste.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    bloody hell, surely twice a day is good enough!!
    Does Missus Chef agree ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X