• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Outraged….

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Outraged…."

Collapse

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Learning a language is easier if you are doing something that interests you. Chef is there something you would like to learn while learning German?
    ideally I'd like to learn what gf chef is muttering on about in German as she always seems to look angry when several packages arrive from Amazon and I'm in the middle of unwrapping them and I'm trying to explain the benefits of each parcel.. Einkaufen, Ausgaben, nie endenden, Scheiße or words that sound something similar.. other than that and finding out who Fritz is and why he's the greatest during sex and I'd be happy

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    I plan to take 3 months off work early next year and spend it at home while taking a daily German language course to concentrate on my language skills, plenty of commitment here thanks.. nothing wrong with a treat to yourself once in a while..
    I have dyslexia so no chance of me learning another language, I would like to learn Italian, for me a nice way of learning it would be to go to Italy and go on a cooking course. Learning a language is easier if you are doing something that interests you. Chef is there something you would like to learn while learning German? Nothing wrong with treating yourself

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Nothing wrong with a treat to yourself once in a while..
    Explain that to Mrs doodab for me will you.

Canon EOS 60D DSLR announced and previewed: Digital Photography Review

Edit: Actually, scrub that, it's plastic. Why have they done that?

Edit again: And it's only £100 less than the 7D at the moment. Who in their right mind isn't going to spend the extra ton?
    Last edited by doodab; 26 August 2010, 12:29.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    You don't want to have any money left, so you can't buy a ring

Still working on your commitment issues chef.
    typical woman reasoning there AP, I was thinking more along the lines of buy everything I've had my eye on for a while before a 2nd person may possibly feel the need to be involved in the spending decisions..

plus it's not a huge dent in the earnings of the 3 month unexpected extension and it's my birthday soon, I always get myself a present.

And as an aside, I've also arranged a holdiay mid October for gf chef and I to her favourite place plus I plan to take 3 months off work early next year and spend it at home while taking a daily German language course to concentrate on my language skills, plenty of commitment here thanks.. nothing wrong with a treat to yourself once in a while..

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Is it ADSL or cable?
    currently it's a Netgear WGR614v9 router connected to an archaic unbranded as far as I can tell ADSL modem which is approx 10 years old..

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    And more to the point, why aren't you talking to these boys:

NetCologne
    good point but they don't have a 4 port gigabit router as far as I can tell .. plus I've just ordered the router before I read this post

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    I doubt you'd want to come along as the next one might possibly be for an engagement ring, maybe that explains the subconcious reasoning behind current spending spree..
    You don't want to have any money left, so you can't buy a ring

Still working on your commitment issues chef.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Let me know when you are having your next spending spree, I will come along and help. You must have run out of thing to buy, I will bring my list
    I doubt you'd want to come along as the next one might possibly be for an engagement ring, maybe that explains the subconcious reasoning behind current spending spree..

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    I have these spending spree's every 6-9 months or so and then calm down during the rest of the time and play with my new toys..

Thanks for the concern though
    Let me know when you are having your next spending spree, I will come along and help. You must have run out of thing to buy, I will bring my list

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    the router is an upgrade of gf chef's current setup mainly to ensure I have a wired gigabit network (for the NAS box) and also because gf chef currently has a router and a seperate adsl cable modem which I believe Noah himself may have invented, I shouldn't have stupidly given away my old Draytek to my parents because gf chef said "you don't need that, I have one.. 2 in fact" when sorting out my stuff in Manchester.
    Is it ADSL or cable?

And more to the point, why aren't you talking to these boys:

http://www.netcologne.de/privatkunde...nd-preise.html
    Last edited by doodab; 26 August 2010, 11:50.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Wow! you need help, join a support group of something.
    are you gf chef?

Do you really need so much stuff?
    yes

- my home cinema at present is lacking in decent speakers which seems a crime considering the Amp and Media Center that they're connected to
    - the NAS box is sensible as I dont have any backup plan at present and I share stuff between multiple pc's laptop's
    - the router is an upgrade of gf chef's current setup mainly to ensure I have a wired gigabit network (for the NAS box) and also because gf chef currently has a router and a seperate adsl cable modem which I believe Noah himself may have invented, I shouldn't have stupidly given away my old Draytek to my parents because gf chef said "you don't need that, I have one.. 2 in fact" when sorting out my stuff in Manchester.

Find a cheaper hobby, drink or gambling
    Ahh now I can tell you're not gf chef.. I have these spending spree's every 6-9 months or so and then calm down during the rest of the time and play with my new toys..

Thanks for the concern though

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    You cant fit a coke bottle in the bins by us, they're jam packed with blooming moggies

Ok TC!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    You want to try finding bins these days. Airports and train stations have had none for years. I was in the Arndale last weekend and had a empty bottle of coke to dispose of. I carried it for ages looking for a bin - eventually I found a cleaner and put it in his rubbish bag. He looked at me like I'd just pissed on his chips - would he had preferred it if I had dropped it on the floor?
    You cant fit a coke bottle in the bins by us, they're jam packed with blooming moggies

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    hmm where to start, in the past 2 weeks

Home Theatre upgrade purchases
    XLS200-DF Subwoofer in walnut, £350
    Kef IQ70 Front Home Theatre speakers, 1185€
    Kef IQ30 rear home theatre speakers, 500€
    Kef IQ60c Center Speaker, 435€
    24 Nakamachi Banana Plugs, 19€

NAS Server purchases
    Synology DS210J NAS, 177€
    2 x Western Digital Caviar Green 2Tb 7200 64Mb Cache hard drives, 240€

Router Upgrade
    Billion BiPac7402NX 4 port Gigabit VPN Wireless N Router, £153

REASONING
    Contract extension until xmas
    My Birthday is coming up
    I'm bored at work
    why not, spoil yourself!

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    hmm where to start, in the past 2 weeks

Home Theatre upgrade purchases
    XLS200-DF Subwoofer in walnut, £350
    Kef IQ70 Front Home Theatre speakers, 1185€
    Kef IQ30 rear home theatre speakers, 500€
    Kef IQ60c Center Speaker, 435€
    24 Nakamachi Banana Plugs, 19€

NAS Server purchases
    Synology DS210J NAS, 177€
    2 x Western Digital Caviar Green 2Tb 7200 64Mb Cache hard drives, 240€

Router Upgrade
    Billion BiPac7402NX 4 port Gigabit VPN Wireless N Router, £153

REASONING
    Contract extension until xmas
    My Birthday is coming up
    I'm bored at work
    Wow! you need help, join a support group of something.

Do you really need so much stuff?

Find a cheaper hobby, drink or gambling

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Bradford.

They still have scrap metal horse and cart boys - a really weird and wonderful mix of people and cultures!

Currently got a horse grazing on the football field outside the office.
    Bradford ain't mining or farming, be more specific, sounds like East Ardsley.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X