• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The UK weather at the weekend"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Sounds like you're some sort of pen-pusher in a defence industry that's shortly to get pruned down drastically.
    If only kudos could be doled out for how far out one could be with their predictions. Sadly, it is not, and thus you remain the clueless duffer we all know and love so much.

Must try harder sasguru...............not the first time you'll have heard THAT I'll warrant!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    ...but I am inclined to believe my Security Clearance may be adversely affected. :

Come now, you're hardly likely to be a rocket scientist.
    Sounds like you're some sort of pen-pusher in a defence industry that's shortly to get pruned down drastically.
    Then it'll be time to put into practice what you suggest on your other thread.
    Last edited by sasguru; 25 August 2010, 14:48.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    we all know I was right first time.
    Page 1, Paragraph 1, of "Unlikely Phrases".

I would give out a few more details, but I am inclined to believe my Security Clearance may be adversely affected. Wouldn't want it becoming common knowledge that I was elaborating on what I do to someone whose background was so strongly influenced by creatures whose diet was likely to include quite so many bananas!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    embarrassed

You, of all posters, ought to have that ingrained by now.

I notice you carefully avoid answering the question.
    It makes no odds, we all know I was right first time.
    Never mind, technology is improving - perhaps soon they'll invent a drug that boosts your IQ so you can get above your knuckle-dragging subsistence level.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Oh Dear! Too embarassed to tell us how you earn your £30K a year?
    Not surprising.
    embarrassed

You, of all posters, ought to have that ingrained by now.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

Life is too short for me to even begin to try and explain what I do to a troglodyte like you. Suffice it to say it is a bit more highbrow than creating the tacky Powerpoint Presentations that are the pinnacle of your working day.
    Oh Dear! Too embarassed to tell us how you earn your £30K a year?
    Not surprising.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    It's pissing down in Swindon. Looks like winter.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    What I do is crunch a few numbers together to produce whatever graphs my Boss asks for.
    FTFY

Please remind us what you do for a living?
    Life is too short for me to even begin to try and explain what I do to a troglodyte like you. Suffice it to say it is a bit more highbrow than creating the tacky Powerpoint Presentations that are the pinnacle of your working day.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Linky? Or just more wild speculative hogwash?
    Can you rustle me up a Hockeystick Graph with this conclusion displayed? Silly question.........of course you can. Hell that is what you do!!

What I do, and get paid handsomely for, is to use applied mathematics and other techniques to draw conclusions from large amounts of raw data.
    Please remind us what you do for a living?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    SB, all your verbiage doesn't change the fact that you're bottom of the earnings food chain around here.
    And there's a reason for that, you know.

HTH.
    Linky? Or just more wild speculative hogwash?
    Can you rustle me up a Hockeystick Graph with this conclusion displayed? Silly question.........of course you can. Hell that is what you do!!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    some doglike yapping
    SB, all your verbiage doesn't change the fact that you're bottom of the earnings food chain around here.
    And there's a reason for that, you know.

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    It was only this morning I realised the significance of THIS weekend.

Makes no difference to me as Monday is a working day.
    Have no fear, sasguru will be along shortly to explain it all.
    On the topic of sasguru, there was something I was hoping he could clear up.
    Just what manner of person would be the least bit interested in "hunting" for his particular head?
    The only thing that springs to mind is some obsessive Curio Collector with a penchant for collecting hollow bulletproof Baccy containers that might also double as something one could use to frighten the grandchildren with on dark nights?

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    It was only this morning I realised the significance of THIS weekend.

Makes no difference to me as Monday is a working day.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    I of course will be in Switzerland where the temps will be 20 degrees.

That's in the cold part in Switzerland whereby in the hot part of Switzerland will be more like 30 degrees.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Who cancelled summer?

13° C FFS. A bit nippy. And wet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X