• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Stuff downloaded but never used"

Collapse

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Does that mean that his hands were positioned over her knockers or underneath, offering support?
    Aye, you've got the idea.

Answer: Over.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    VirtualBox is your friend...
    Yes, I've just started using that and am finding it extremely useful to set up a bunch of VMs talking to each other without any danger of them talking to the outside world.

You can't half eat up some disk space when you get going on this lark, and in pretty short order 4GB RAM isn't enough

P.S. On advice from others I got the Oracle version of VirtualBox rather than the Open Source version. Any thoughts on that? (Yeah we know that Larry will find a way of making the Oracle version cost more at some point in time.)

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    The other week I was talking down the pub about some girl's T-shirt.

Well actually the picture on the front. Which was a suitably adjusted version of this.
    Does that mean that his hands were positioned over her knockers or underneath, offering support?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I am a bit of a hoarder.

I have dozens of linux distros (ubuntu, fedora, & slackware) + freeBSD & solaris x86, linux + windows versions of oracle going back to version 8 or 9, express versions of SQL server & visual studio (although I have paid for VS2008 professional), plus sun JDKs, eclipse and all the java libraries I actually use, not to mention other open source and free to download tools & SDKs for all sorts of things from DSP to FPGA simulation. I probably have close to 1TB in total, more if you count the VMs it gets installed on.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    I've downloaded OpenSolaris several times but never had a look at it.
    VirtualBox is your friend...

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    I downloaded The Anarchists Cookbook (wikipedia entry) around 1994 while in school, read a small amount of it out of curiosity but the main reason for getting it was because the Internet was fairly new ( think Netscape Navigator etc. ) and I couldn't believe stuff like this was available for all so easily.. obviously if I had of known..

"In 2007, a seventeen year old British boy was arrested and faced charges under Terrorism Law in the UK for possession of this book, among other things.[5] He was cleared of all charges in October 2008, after alleging that he was a prankster that just wanted to research fireworks and smoke bombs."

No, that wasn't me, I no longer own a copy in any form of said document..
    PM me, I'll send you the pdf

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    I downloaded The Anarchists Cookbook (wikipedia entry) around 1994 while in school, read a small amount of it out of curiosity but the main reason for getting it was because the Internet was fairly new ( think Netscape Navigator etc. ) and I couldn't believe stuff like this was available for all so easily.. obviously if I had of known..

"In 2007, a seventeen year old British boy was arrested and faced charges under Terrorism Law in the UK for possession of this book, among other things.[5] He was cleared of all charges in October 2008, after alleging that he was a prankster that just wanted to research fireworks and smoke bombs."

No, that wasn't me, I no longer own a copy in any form of said document..

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    I've downloaded OpenSolaris several times but never had a look at it.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Now I am so fed up with it, I cannot be arsed to watch it. I'll burn it in a moment and it is going to disappear into the stack of DVD's that I haven't watched. It won't be lonely, I have loads of 'em to keep it company.
    It's worth watching just for the soundtrack

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    I searched for River Phoenix last movie for a long time, but couldn’t find it on DVD. Downloaded it a couple of months ago, still haven’t watched it.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I'm like that with my PVR. It's stuffed to the gills with stuff I may never get around to watch. Things like Springwatch from a couple of years ago.

On an almost totally unrelated note. Your classic movie image reminds me of one displayed in a shop that I pass regularly and which I often stop to look at for some reason:

Yul looks like a midget next to Connery.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I downloaded Terry Gilliams Brazil then realised it was in Spanish.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    started a topic Stuff downloaded but never used

Stuff downloaded but never used

The other week I was talking down the pub about some girl's T-shirt.

Well actually the picture on the front. Which was a suitably adjusted version of this.

After a bit of thinking we agreed that it is from North by Northwest.

I have not seen it in ages so I stated to download the DVD. It has just finished after downloading for over a week.

Now I am so fed up with it, I cannot be arsed to watch it. I'll burn it in a moment and it is going to disappear into the stack of DVD's that I haven't watched. It won't be lonely, I have loads of 'em to keep it company.

Working...
X