• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Son mugged on Friday!"

Collapse

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Is "Asian" a nationality? Is "Scots" a race?

A pisspoor attempt to point the racist finger at someone
    Nah, just trying to wind up Minestrone.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    How do you know they were Asians? They could've been Scots. What accent did they have?
    Is "Asian" a nationality? Is "Scots" a race?

A pisspoor attempt to point the racist finger at someone

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    That's quite a famous case, the Glasvegas song Flowers and Football Tops was written about that incident.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Read it again, I'm still not sure about the race of the three perps
    Maybe this will clear it up.

Three Asian men jailed for racist murder (From Asian Image)

Such was the feeling of revulsion among Glasgow's Muslim community that some wealthy Asian businessmen in the city offered to put up money to have the Shahid brothers and Mushtaq killed in Pakistan.

However, after intensive behind-the-scenes lobbying of senior figures in the Pakistan government by Mohammed Sarwar, MP for Glasgow Central, they were eventually arrested and extradited.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Their race is "Asian".
    Dodgy lot, just look at those Chinks and Japs.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I only go by what I have read.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    How do you know they were Asians? They could've been Scots. What accent did they have?
    Three men have been jailed for life after they were found guilty of the racially-motivated murder of white Glasgow teenager Kriss Donald.
    Faisal Mushtaq, 27, Zeeshan Shahid, 28, and his brother Imran Shahid, 29, had denied murdering Kriss, 15, in 2004.

Kriss's mother Angela - quiet during the trial - shouted: "You bastards," as the jury delivered its verdict.

Imran Shahid must serve a minimum of 25 years, Zeeshan Shahid, 23 years minimum and Mushtaq, at least 22 years.
    Outside the court, Ms Donald, 42, thanked police, the prosecution and witnesses.

She said: "Justice has been done, thank you - it is over."

The six week trial had heard that her son had shouted: "I'm only 15, what have I done?" as he was dragged from the street and into a car.

The gang took him on a 200-mile journey to Dundee and back while they made phone calls looking for a house to take him to.
    There, they held his arms and stabbed him 13 times before dousing him with petrol and setting him alight while he may still have been alive.
    I only go by what I have read.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    markinbrussels
    Twat alert.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Did he mean agents?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Did he mean agents?

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by markinbrussels View Post
    Troll alert.
    Really?

Leave a comment:

• markinbrussels
    replied
    Troll alert.

Leave a comment:

• lje
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    What flavour ice cream was it?
    Sorry - I left out the most important bit of information... It was mint choc chip ice cream (of a make that you don't get here). Hubby's favourite. Mind you, it was December in Philadelphia so was perhaps a tad nippy for ice cream.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Death by chocolate

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by lje View Post
    My hubby got mugged at gunpoint when we lived in the States (a true USA experience!). He gave over his wallet without argument but was miffed when the mugger also took the ice cream he'd just been to the shop to buy! The police's response was to tell him to buy a gun...

Seriously though he did get upset afterwards and wonder whether he should have done something different. But he got over it, as I'm sure your son will. Imagine how much worse it could have been if he had objected.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X