• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "If you are tulip at evereything else"

Collapse

• stillooking
    replied
    Originally posted by The Central Scrutinizer View Post
    then you get a career as an employment agent (or estate agent).

Discuss
    A young chap rang me the other week from an agency, he's been in recruitment for 5 months and prior to that he had been an estate agent, now that's a proper apprenticeship...

Leave a comment:

• stillooking
    replied
    UK Recruiter

"I want to canvass opinion on this situation I have been presented with today.

I have a contractor with a client - he has been there 6 months and I am making just under 100% margin on him - about £300 per day.

My client loves him (albeit not in a gay way) and the contractor is very happy.

The client has today made me an offer to take him on permanently and pay him £125,000 a year. He will pay my standard terms of 35% of basic, but the contractor says he will only consider it if I give him half the fee.

If I refuse to facilitate the permanent placement, the client will give my contractor his notice - 5 days from today it will be over.

If I make the placement, I will be lose the ongoing revenue and give away nearly £22k of the fee to the contractor.

I'm fairly confident the contractor knows the terms I have with the client so I am thinking of offering him £10k and keeping £33,750 for myself.

What would you do? "

Is this a wind up? His email address is [email protected] according to the properties on his username of "This Charming Man"
    Hmmm

Leave a comment:

• The Central Scrutinizer
    replied
    UK Recruiter

"I want to canvass opinion on this situation I have been presented with today.

I have a contractor with a client - he has been there 6 months and I am making just under 100% margin on him - about £300 per day.

My client loves him (albeit not in a gay way) and the contractor is very happy.

The client has today made me an offer to take him on permanently and pay him £125,000 a year. He will pay my standard terms of 35% of basic, but the contractor says he will only consider it if I give him half the fee.

If I refuse to facilitate the permanent placement, the client will give my contractor his notice - 5 days from today it will be over.

If I make the placement, I will be lose the ongoing revenue and give away nearly £22k of the fee to the contractor.

I'm fairly confident the contractor knows the terms I have with the client so I am thinking of offering him £10k and keeping £33,750 for myself.

What would you do? "

Is this a wind up? His email address is [email protected] according to the properties on his username of "This Charming Man"
    Last edited by The Central Scrutinizer; 8 August 2010, 21:53.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Sorry but I just find the majority of them clueless liars and f***wits.
    Are they regulated by anybody. I was approached about a contract role for a Finance Director and I know **** all about Finance. "Financial" was a word in my cv. But then again so is NPfIT.. aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The majority of the ones I deal with are mid twenties graduates with probably NO WORK OR INDUSTRY experience.
    Last edited by The Central Scrutinizer; 6 August 2010, 12:16.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    You've come to the right place then. Plenty of kindred spirits round these here parts!

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Are you a management consultant?

You've just told me something I already knew!

Leave a comment:

• basshead
    replied
    My spelling is cr@p btw

speling

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Are you a management consultant?

You've just told me something I already knew!

Leave a comment:

• 117MilesToGo
    replied
    If I can 6 people into a job at an average take of 15%, I wouldnt have to work again! (or until one of them finishes anyway)

Leave a comment:

started a topic If you are tulip at evereything else

If you are tulip at evereything else

then you get a career as an employment agent (or estate agent).

Discuss

My spelling is cr@p btw

Working...
X