• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Horse Meat

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Horse Meat"

Collapse

• thunderlizard
    replied
    France is also responsible for sending the first cat, and the first rat, into space (not together). I learned that in Camden last night.

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    What can't be eaten in France. Cats and dogs?
    Check the menu from the last siege of Paris

Siege of Paris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    I found it a bit sour, but apparently it's OK if you sprinkle a bit of Shergar on top.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    I've had horsemeat tartare, which was really nice.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    What can't be eaten in France. Cats and dogs?

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Horse meat is not allowed to be sold in the UK.

We still butcher it here though.
    [pedant] I believe it can be imported though [/pedant]

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Really? my school French exchange chum's mum gave me some pan-fried for lunch one day. it was OK but a bit dungy.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I stayed on a campsite in France where they used to charcoal grill minced horse burgers. They were lovely.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post

The problem with selling it here may be the (legal) use of Bute in the treatment/management of navicular disease in the equine populatton.

I'd rather the animals were butchered here. Transporting animals such a long distance to be killed is unforgiveably cruel.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Get yourself down to Munich

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    It might be in kebabs and curries?

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    started a topic Horse Meat

Horse Meat

Definitely the gastronomical highlight of my soujourn en France so far.

Why can't you get this in Waitrose back home?

Working...
X