• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Churchill's false teeth sold in Norfolk for £15,200"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    "Let uth therefore braithe ourthelveth to our dutieth, and tho bear ourthelveth that if the British Empire and itth Commonwealth latht for a thouthand yearth, men will still thay, 'Thith wath their finetht hour.'

Not quite so stirring I reckon.

Leave a comment:

• Boudica
    replied

That's cheap! There's a shortage of teeth in Norfolk!

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    I don't recall Churchill saying "We thshall fight them on the beacheth" or "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tearth and thweat." or "Poor people, poor people. They trutht me, and I can give them nothing but dithathter for quite a long time"
    I've been reading Churchill's Amritsar Massacre Speech and teeth or no teeth, that guy could talk well. In ASCII.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by lje View Post
    It does too... Maybe I was half asleep in the car this morning?

Mind you, the following (from the BBC article) seems a tad contradictory...
    I don't recall Churchill saying "We thshall fight them on the beacheth" or "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tearth and thweat." or "Poor people, poor people. They trutht me, and I can give them nothing but dithathter for quite a long time"

Leave a comment:

• lje
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    The BBC news article says they were designed to preserve his lithp.
    It does too... Maybe I was half asleep in the car this morning?

Mind you, the following (from the BBC article) seems a tad contradictory...

The delicacy and special design of the teeth were widely credited with helping Churchill speak clearly and effectively, said Mr Bullock.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I'm afraid I don't have any of the details... Actually, come to think of it, I think I'm quite pleased that I don't have the details. Just heard about it on Radio 4 this morning. Apparantly they were especially designed to reduce his lisp.

Perhaps I should stop listening to radio 4?
    The BBC news article says they were designed to preserve his lithp.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Only if they made him wait too long.

IGMC
    <throws teeth, which don't get returned>

Forget it, I'll just have the soup.

Leave a comment:

• lje
    replied
    Even at waiters?
    I'm afraid I don't have any of the details... Actually, come to think of it, I think I'm quite pleased that I don't have the details. Just heard about it on Radio 4 this morning. Apparantly they were especially designed to reduce his lisp.

Perhaps I should stop listening to radio 4?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Even at waiters?
    Only if they made him wait too long.

IGMC

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Apparantly he used to throw his false teeth at people when he was annoyed...
    Even at waiters?

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Was that when he was spitting his dummy out?

Leave a comment:

• lje
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    started a topic Churchill's false teeth sold in Norfolk for £15,200

Churchill's false teeth sold in Norfolk for £15,200

Source: BBC News - Churchill&#039;s false teeth sold in Norfolk for

Working...
X