• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I'm becoming a father in a week or so - tips?"

Collapse

• freshblue
    replied
    Congrats chap.... best advice is that when the exhaustion kicks in and you really are fed up...count to ten, take a deep breath and remember that are much worse places to be.....

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Mrs Lucifer was due to give birth on Sunday, but she's late for everything.

Leave a comment:

• bobsmithldn
    replied
    Thanks for all the advice everyone ...

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by bobsmithldn
    Cheers ...
    Get it down for Radley or Eton now. August will be too late

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    have been larging it up for the past 9 months - boozeing, champagne, chicks, etc.
    Let's hope there aren't any more little surprises on the way!

Congratulations, and when he/she starts teething, buy some 'Phenergan'; antihistamine with a wonderfully drowsy side effect!

Mmmmmmm, sleeeeeep.

Leave a comment:

• OrangeHopper
    replied
    Look on the bright side - you will only have the one to cope with. Imagine what it would have been like with twins.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Put it in a sack bag with a couple of bricks and throw it in the river/sea/ocean/reservoir/loch*

*delete as applicable

Leave a comment:

• Mr Crosby
    replied
    **** off now while you still have chance.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Get it down to a Cranial Osteopath's as soon as possible. Babies are born with all sorts of trapped nerves which cause things like colic. A CO will sort them out in one or two sessions.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Nappiness is....

Cheers ...
    Very Soon:

No sleep
    Smelly nappies
    Forget going out
    No sex (well, not for a while)
    Constant crying
    Phenomenal expense

Soon:

Feeding the rabbit
    Tripping over toys
    Squabbling siblings
    Messy house

Later:

Teenage angst
    Wild parties when you're away
    Spot cream marks on the coffee table
    Fear of drugs, pregnancy and criminal records
    Ghastly fiends at the house
    Rudeness, sullenness and lack of respect

Even later:

Disown you
    Emigrate to Australia

Leave a comment:

• bobsmithldn
    replied
    Originally posted by sparklelard
    If the missus is up feeding the baby in the middle of the night, make her a cup of tea. It shows you care.

When my first daughter was born, one night I was on call and got a call just when my wife was breast feeding.

I was wide awake, while the guys on the other end of the phone was half-asleep and couldn't understand why I was so alert.

I suppose if you are used to doing on-call, then it's not much of a problem getting back to sleep.
    On call, no way - 0945-1730 - and get 9 hours sleep a night ... oh dear!

Leave a comment:

• Jakes Daddy
    replied
    Thing is - we'll need a summer holiday - can you parents recommend anywhere not too warm and not too far?
    Portugal, but go out of season, like October. Absolutely fantastic, cheap and quick to get to, plus you can get some good golf in as well !
    Kids up to age 2 go free with most tour operators, so get all your foreign hols in quick !

Leave a comment:

• sparklelard
    replied
    If the missus is up feeding the baby in the middle of the night, make her a cup of tea. It shows you care.

When my first daughter was born, one night I was on call and got a call just when my wife was breast feeding.

I was wide awake, while the guys on the other end of the phone was half-asleep and couldn't understand why I was so alert.

I suppose if you are used to doing on-call, then it's not much of a problem getting back to sleep.

Leave a comment:

• G8_Summit
    replied
    Centreparcs is worth every penny - go out of school holidays though.

Leave a comment:

• bobsmithldn
    replied
    Originally posted by n3il123
    What the baby in the washing machine???
    Thing is - we'll need a summer holiday - can you parents recommend anywhere not too warm and not too far?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X