• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: VOIP is the future

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "VOIP is the future"

Collapse

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt
    Never used CA-JARS for doing that? Much easier and cheaper than SAS. Used to do loads of that. Still analyse SMF a lot but no longer for billing.
    I know some people used to favour JARS but I needed a complex, cost-centered billing scheme and we didn't have any JARS expertise on hand to do it at the time - it was a nightmare (obviously) - thankfully it never went live are the company was bought out and the project confined to history.

I still have nightmares about it though.

Bogey

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman
    No Sasguru (I know SAS quite well, not the airline - more like analysing SMF records for billing - uhhhh yyyyyawn).

Bogey
    Never used CA-JARS for doing that? Much easier and cheaper than SAS. Used to do loads of that. Still analyse SMF a lot but no longer for billing.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Q

Originally posted by sasguru
    Bogey,

You're not an honest-to-god real contractor with your own business, surely. You're on the wrong forum - this one is for happy clappy christians, shopkeepers, farmers and assorted wannabees
    No Sasguru (I know SAS quite well, not the airline - more like analysing SMF records for billing - uhhhh yyyyyawn).

Yes, I used to be a member of the old bitch-about-IR35 forum (can't remember what it was called) and wondered what had happened to it - particularly my old mate Tex O'V.

Agree, this forum is a pale shadow of the thrusting entrepreneurs of old.

Chin-chin!

Bogey

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Bogey,

You're not an honest-to-god real contractor with your own business, surely. You're on the wrong forum - this one is for happy clappy christians, shopkeepers, farmers and assorted wannabees

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    I am currently looking for a CEO and a CTO to take one of my startups to market.
    How old is the startup? Is it a bull or a cow? Is it placid or uppity? Does it have foot-rot or any other quirks? Does it mind being driven by dogs?

Bogey

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Yes it is indeed, and as mentioned in a previous episode on this forum I am currently looking for a CEO and a CTO to take one of my startups to market.

Leave a comment:

• Harrysp
    started a topic VOIP is the future

VOIP is the future

I thought I would jump in to the world of VOIP for home and my little business.

Bought and configured a router, set up my account information, (SIPDiscount is giving free landline calls 24/7 to all UK number plus to a whole host of international countries) plugged in my BT handsets, and whoosh it works like a charm.

I even tried making a call whilst dloading the latest episod of LOST and the call was still CRYSTAL CLEAR and no lag.

VOIP is the future people.

I am well impressed by it all

Working...
X