• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Roundabouts

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Roundabouts"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    It defies all logic, what does that tell you about Mrs SB?

Nothing I didn't already know!!

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Mrs SB had to go across there on her driving test. And she passed first time too.
    Spooky!!!
    It defies all logic, what does that tell you about Mrs SB?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Good, innit?
    Mrs SB had to go across there on her driving test. And she passed first time too.
    Spooky!!!

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    You have to drive around the inner one anti-clockwise.

Good, innit?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    It's great, you can actually drive round it "anti-clockwise"...
    You have to drive around the inner one anti-clockwise.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by bobhope View Post
    They were definitely high when they designed that one.

"Man I've got a great idea, one big roundabout surrounded by lots of little ones. It'll look pretty."
    It was obviously Dylan.

Once you've done it, it's the only way.

I was genuinely surprised how fast a rush hour queue could get through it. It does seem to work.
    Last edited by Sysman; 19 July 2010, 12:25. Reason: added a bit

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by bobhope View Post

"Man I've got a great idea, one big roundabout surrounded by lots of little ones. It'll look pretty."

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    It's Swindon, innit? They have an unhealthy fascination with roundabouts.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    And bypasses. Don't you just hate them? I had to drive to Swindon via the A350 to Chippenham today and I counted 36 of them. The problem is with these roads is that they all look the same and you could be anywhere and that means you are forever taking the wrong turning and getting in the wrong lanes etc. Even the vegetation they plant alongside these roads looks fake. Tell you what, when I go back tonight I'm going to drive back through all the villages this bypass was built to avoid and give the old Tercel a few revs as I'm passing through just to voice my disapproval at their damn bypass.
    Buy yourself a Tom Tom you skinflint.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• gricerboy
    started a topic Roundabouts

Roundabouts

And bypasses. Don't you just hate them? I had to drive to Swindon via the A350 to Chippenham today and I counted 36 of them. The problem is with these roads is that they all look the same and you could be anywhere and that means you are forever taking the wrong turning and getting in the wrong lanes etc. Even the vegetation they plant alongside these roads looks fake. Tell you what, when I go back tonight I'm going to drive back through all the villages this bypass was built to avoid and give the old Tercel a few revs as I'm passing through just to voice my disapproval at their damn bypass.

Working...
X