• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Just a thought, but...."

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Top Tip that will help you lose 20lbs of ugly fat in no time at all.
    Chop off your head!!

Thanks Shaunbob.

Just come back from my second trip into the forests and downs to my new client. Haven't yet found a decent route so going to go out again tomorrow.

I deserve ten pints and a kebab now!

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I used to cycle all the time when I lived there. I've put on 45lbs since those halycon days.
    Top Tip that will help you lose 20lbs of ugly fat in no time at all.
    Chop off your head!!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I've never managed to drive into Bath without a huge delay.

It's like the place was designed years ago, before there were cars.

Lived there for a few years a while back. Had a lovely pad on one of the crescents, paid for by Clientco!

There are a few ways of taking back roads etc, but it's a pretty tulipty area to get stuck in.

I used to cycle all the time when I lived there. I've put on 45lbs since those halycon days.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Leaving Bath, drive through Weston Park, or the next road past Beckford's Tower (depending on where you start from), to Lansdown, and then join the main road to the M4 several miles north of the roundabout leading to Bath. Nicer country scenery too.

Going to Bath (again from the M4) do this in reverse. That way you miss most of the muppets queing up to drive into the town the hard way via the roundabout.

Heading into Bath from a different direction, yer on yer own, as I can't offer any advice.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    It's the one way system
    Reversible time would be much worse.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

It's the one way system; every few years they change it around and make it more screwed up than it was before.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    Does anyone actually do any fakkin' work in this country?
    Not me. I don't do any work in this country whatsoever.
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    started a topic Just a thought, but....

Just a thought, but....

Does anyone actually do any fakkin' work in this country?

Just spent 1 hour getting into Bath because of the traffic & town was completely jam packed with people of a working age and I'm sure they're not all having a day off like I am. There was i thinking today would be a good day to do all my chores & avoid all the crowds

While I'm at it, here's another thing. As I'm sat in my car in Sainsbury's carpark, 2 rather robust young ladies lumbered over to their car, removed their shopping from their trolley and dumped it all down hard on the bonnet of the car. Then one of 'em takes the trolley back & when she returns they both proceed to put the shopping into a completely different car and drive off

Working...
X