• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "£200K. Is Teaching the New Plumbing?"

Collapse

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    What do the public actually want, magic?
    Yes, that's it! An ipad for every child.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Depends. How much does it cost?

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I suppose it is a bit rich to moan about the mediocrity of English state schools, then moan about the remuneration of someone who, against the odds given its location, runs an exceptionally good one.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Well, as he is salaried he would have paid quite a bit of tax on that, perhaps £60k.

As others have pointed out his pay for the year was actually about £92k including overtime, and an extra £50k for a special project, which in total is not much more than a c# contractor in the financial services sector would expect.

Is it any wonder the British education system fails to attract the brightest and best when this is the outcry that follows the revelation that someone who runs a whole school gets paid a bit more than a code monkey?

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Apparently the parents feel the sky high ridiculous salary is 'justified'. How much tax are they paying ? I bet they dont pay a penny as taxex.
    Last edited by fullyautomatix; 15 July 2010, 09:29. Reason: spelling mistake

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    AtW has been spying for years. He has so far told his Moscow Masters all of the different colours & brands on knickers all of the women on his street wear.

He has also sent back some samples, but I believe he has kept the best for himself.

Vintage MF!

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Why is it that the PM's pay has suddenly become some sort of magic yard stick by which all other salaries should be measured?

Ofsted seem to think the guy is very good at what he does
    The £100k for "special" projects was for work over 2 years and he was getting overtime + arrears.
    If you average his income over the past 2 years he was probably getting 150k
    If you average over the past 3 years and his next years expected income it'll probably average to £120k

Now that Labour and their cheque book are out of power he's even less likely to get any special payments in the future

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Or should I say 'Durdlay'.
    'Turdlay' more like!

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Is there such a place now?

Your name is really Alec and your from Bromsgrove. Come on, we're all friends here. Admit it.
    The accent in his posts is more Dudley. Or should I say 'Durdlay'.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Well chin up..............keep beavering away and one day we might let you go home to them.
    I'll start a facebook appeal up along the lines of those spy exchanges. Maybe we could trade you in against a few sheafs of wheat??

AtW has been spying for years. He has so far told his Moscow Masters all of the different colours & brands on knickers all of the women on his street wear.

He has also sent back some samples, but I believe he has kept the best for himself.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    My family is still in the Soviet Union
    Well chin up..............keep beavering away and one day we might let you go home to them.
    I'll start a facebook appeal up along the lines of those spy exchanges. Maybe we could trade you in against a few sheafs of wheat??

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Is there such a place now?

Your name is really Alec and your from Bromsgrove. Come on, we're all friends here. Admit it.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    So remind us then, your family were allowed over here out of sympathy, or to remind us how lucky we are?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I remember the last years of Soviet Union - 1989-1990: they had special vouchers/stamps to get 1 kg of meat per month, 10 eggs per month, 1 kg of butter, 1 bottle of vodka - the queues were about as big as you now get in British Post Office
    So remind us then, your family were allowed over here out of sympathy, or to remind us how lucky we are?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Your soviet teachers got a loaf of bread every month and 1 pound of butter every week. No feckin wonder you are so stupid.
    I remember the last years of Soviet Union - 1989-1990: they had special vouchers/stamps to get 1 kg of meat per month, 10 eggs per month, 1 kg of butter, 1 bottle of vodka - the queues were about as big as you now get in British Post Office

Leave a comment:

Working...
X