• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Official "which English town will riot first" Sweepstake"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Already kicked off at my local. Some bloke bought a jug of Bock and got beaten up before he got back to his seat.
    Getting a bit feisty round here too now that the pubs have kicked out. Not sure whether or not to take our German Shepherd for a walk. Especially as she is wearing a German top with "Rummenigge" on it!!

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    If there was a more desperate part of the world than the 'English Riveria' I have yet to have heard of it! :rant
    You've never been to Silesia then?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Baghdad is upmarket compared to Pompey.
    You've obviously never been to Torbay then.

It's full of six fingered cider drinking freaks, where the clubs close at 1am, fights break out over 'who had the last fight', police give out flip flops to pissed women(Police to hand out flip-flops to drunken women in high heels - Telegraph) and the doner kebab shops sell hay alongside the coleslaw.

If there was a more desperate part of the world than the 'English Riveria' I have yet to have heard of it! :rant

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    Soton is upmarket compared to Pompey.
    Baghdad is upmarket compared to Pompey.

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    Unlike Soton, Pompey has football fans.

However Soton has loads of Poles and the Soton residents are easily confused

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I take it you have never been to Soton?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Nah, somewhere more chavvy and/or working class. Sunderland?

I take it you have never been to Soton?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Going to be a a lot of people in pubs on about 10 beers already and only had a breakfast to eat today.

I wonder how many Austrians will get beaten up tonight.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Drewster View Post
    Are you OK mate?? Shall we send flowers?
    They're not bright round here. I knew I shouldn't have worn my Ralph.

As it happens there obviously is a fight going on down the road at the pub, judging by the shouting and subsequent sirens.

I love living in the city...

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Derby. Dunno why, it just popped into my head.

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    Benidorm

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Already kicked off at my local. Some bloke bought a jug of Bock and got beaten up before he got back to his seat.
    Are you OK mate?? Shall we send flowers?

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Change your local...

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Is anyone else pissed off by all the litter caused by those damn flags on the motorway?
    I had one hit my windscreen on Friday

Leave a comment:

Working...
X