• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "ICT abusers about to get a good dusting?"

Collapse

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    ICTs are not immigrants.
    I know of 2 ICTs who have recently gained their citizenship.

I think it's 4 years here and you can apply

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    Ok, is this CUK lingo again?.. what is a 'Bob' in plain english?
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• mrdonuts
    replied
    its ridiculous, ICts are just an excuse for these companies to pay peanuts and neither employ of train the indigenous population, of which millions are currently out of work

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Ok, is this CUK lingo again?.. what is a 'Bob' in plain english?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    I dont think it specifically relates to people who wish to settle if thats what you mean.

Immigration law in the UK seems to cover migrant workers also, including ICT.
    I have lost 2 jobs to Bobs in the last 5 years and I will lose number again by the next election.

Nothing will change.

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    ICTs are not immigrants.
    I dont think it specifically relates to people who wish to settle if thats what you mean.

Immigration law in the UK seems to cover migrant workers also, including ICT.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    ICT abusers about to get a good dusting?
    Nope.

If anything Bob is BOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMED!

Edit:

Also, the ones abusing the ICT scheme are not immigrants, for the most part, either.
    Last edited by HairyArsedBloke; 26 June 2010, 13:44.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    ICTs are not immigrants.

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    started a topic ICT abusers about to get a good dusting?

ICT abusers about to get a good dusting?

From the Telegraph today:
    Linky

Theresa May will stand firm amid calls from some Cabinet colleagues for a rethink on the annual limit to insist the Tory manifesto pledge will go ahead.

A temporary limit on some migrant workers will be imposed with almost immediate effect while a consultation is carried out on how a more permanent cap can bring about significant reductions in migrant numbers.

It comes after the plan was criticised by some business leader who fear it will make it harder for them to recruit the necessary skilled staff.

A total of 190,640 foreign workers and dependants moved to Britain last year, despite unemployment hitting 2.5 million.
    It emerged earlier this month that more than 1.1 million jobs, half the total created under Labour, were taken by immigrants who could have been refused work permits.
    The non-EU migrants were handed the work permits despite there being hundreds of thousands of Britons out of work.

A report by Migrationwatch, a think tank, revealed this month that Labour's points-based system on immigration, which was supposed to cut migrant workers by 12 per cent, had actually led to tens of thousands more being let in.
    Chairman Sir Andrew Green said yesterday: "The Government have, to their credit, made a clear commitment to getting net immigration down to tens of thousands.
    "It was always inevitable that those with a financial interest in high levels of immigration would squawk.
    "I am sure that the Government realises that the public have spoken clearly at the last election and they have a mandate to get the job done."
    feckin Labour!

Working...
X