• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is it coz I(t) is black?"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    Black cars absorb light, and the extra energy makes them go a bit faster.

hth
    tl
    Dunno about that, but my latest black car (Mitsubishi L200 Warrior) has just been taken to the vet's to be put down after blowing the head gasket after a piffling 160k miles. Ah well..........company vehicle so WGAS?
    My replacement vehicle, a Red Toyota Hilux 3 arrives tomorrow morning. Woohoo...........more toys to break!!

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Black cars absorb light, and the extra energy makes them go a bit faster.

hth
    tl

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    The team noted that colour was less important in causing accidents than factors such as drink-driving and speeding.
    Damn, I was hoping I could buy a white car and then get pissed and drive as fast as I like.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    They could put "orange" if they get to the scene quick enough.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Black cars more likely to crash.

Black cars 'more likely to be involved in crashes' - Telegraph

Well.

There's a strange thing then.

Doesn't comment on whether or now they're BMWs mind.

Fun with statistics: if the form asks the officer to report the colour of the crashed cars, and it's burnt out, I would guess "black" or "blackened" will be written. Which'll skew things I would image.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Is it the driver? Are black car owners more likely to be bad drivers?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Humbug!!

I have owned 3 black cars in my adult life and must have driven well over 200k miles in them. Never had a single crash in any of them.
    Once wrote off a white one though!!!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I've never crashed my black BMW M roadster.

Been close a few times mind.

At least your skirtingboard will be safe then.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I've never crashed my black BMW M roadster.

Been close a few times mind.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    This is discrimination. Maybe black cars do more miles? What about pedestrians?

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Only deliberate ones

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    started a topic Is it coz I(t) is black?

Is it coz I(t) is black?

Black cars more likely to crash.

Black cars 'more likely to be involved in crashes' - Telegraph

Well.

There's a strange thing then.

Doesn't comment on whether or now they're BMWs mind.

Working...
X