• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Offset Mortgage

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Offset Mortgage"

Collapse

• lje
    replied
    Originally posted by valluvan View Post
    My IFA recommeneded an offset mortgage through someone called accord mortgages,not sure abt them as never heard of them before!
    Accord are part of the Yorkshire Building Society.

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Originally posted by lukemg View Post
    Offset tracker with the woolwich/Barclays - base rate + .75% = 1.25% at the moment, kept the payments the same, mortgage balance dropping nicely.
    And you can your cash ISA savings as part of the offset arrangement, which no one else (last time I was looking) was offering.

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Offset tracker with the woolwich/Barclays - base rate + .75% = 1.25% at the moment, kept the payments the same, mortgage balance dropping nicely.

Leave a comment:

• Netraider
    replied
    Thanks MM.Is my choice of offset/fixed a sensible one rather than a offset/Tracker.

My IFA recommeneded an offset mortgage through someone called accord mortgages,not sure abt them as never heard of them before!
    I have a fixed rate mortage through accord. Easy to deal with.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    If I have read the OP's post correctly he is stumping up 25%. Hardly someone who lacks commitment to the loan.
    I don't doubt that, but say I inherited £100K and I was on £25K a year. If I was looking to buy a house of £250K I still would only be asking a LTV of 60%, but I wouldn't have a hope of getting a mortgage of £150K on £25k/year and for good reason. Bottom line is I hate the thought of people overstretching themselves.

Leave a comment:

• valluvan
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    If you want an offset, you need about 60% LTV to get anything worthwhile.
    Thanks MM.Is my choice of offset/fixed a sensible one rather than a offset/Tracker.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    True, that is what we were in for and that was the cut that made the difference.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    First time buyer here with 3 years accounts and requiring 75%LTV Mortage.

Looking to get an offset mortgage as I am told it suits contractors,however First Direct won't give the amount i need as it is over their lending criteria.

What are the other good offset mortgage lenders.
    I am starting to lean towards offset with fixed rates for 3/5 years.

Woolwich does some but the interest rates are high.

Any suggestions anyone?
    I was initially over the criteria with FD. I bit the bullet and increased my divvy to make the 70% LTV, because I wanted that rate.

Now I've got the offset, I've reduced my interest payment by over 50%, so I would say, if you can find the extra cash, do so...

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    If I have read the OP's post correctly he is stumping up 25%. Hardly someone who lacks commitment to the loan.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Without trying to be a smart arse, how about buying a small place or waiting until you can get the daily rate to match the loan you want?

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Without trying to be a smart arse, how about buying a small place or waiting until you can get the daily rate to match the loan you want?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    We have one with George Osbourne, sorry Northen Rock.

I think we got 5.1 or something over 5 years fixed and put down 40%. Probably wrong now but it might work out well for us in the next few years.

Leave a comment:

• valluvan
    started a topic Offset Mortgage

Offset Mortgage

First time buyer here with 3 years accounts and requiring 75%LTV Mortage.

Looking to get an offset mortgage as I am told it suits contractors,however First Direct won't give the amount i need as it is over their lending criteria.

What are the other good offset mortgage lenders.
    I am starting to lean towards offset with fixed rates for 3/5 years.

Woolwich does some but the interest rates are high.

Any suggestions anyone?

Working...
X