• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Pleased with myself"

Collapse

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    POT, there's a black kettle here for you

Originally posted by Chico
    Dodgy

Congratulations on your good news. Needless to say I trust this news will mean you now see the good in people rather than make snap judgements about them based on their age, sex or skin colour.
    Well done DA.

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Dodgy

Congratulations on your good news. Needless to say I trust this news will mean you now see the good in people rather than make snap judgements about them based on their age, sex or skin colour.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Remember, Dodgy, never fight a war on two fronts.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes
    morning DA,

I am little late joining this thread, but not too late to say congratulations to you, and in fact congratulations to everybody who has survived the last 5 years, it wasn't easy was it !

I remember you talking about your war chest in 2002 and 2003.

One thing though, which I have learn't from you, is when you advised anybody wanting to build a business should always keep in mind while growing the business to always grow it in such a way that it is most attractive to a potential buyer.

Have been applying the same to my plan b (have you checked the benes home page lately scotspine) and things are looking good.

Thanks and good luck for the future,

Milan.

What a memory you have milan. The war chest has become more of "quick light skirmish" chest of late, but I hope to be in a position to invade Poland by the end of the year and theron spread Eastwards to maybe engage the Russians in Moscow.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes
    Hi Scots,

I just checked your home page, I think I saw the item you have mentioned in the past.

If that is the one, it looks very interesting, and an item that every business will need in some guise or other.

All the best,

Milan.
    What? An insolvency practitioner?

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Hi Scots,

I just checked your home page, I think I saw the item you have mentioned in the past.

If that is the one, it looks very interesting, and an item that every business will need in some guise or other.

All the best,

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• scotspine
    replied
    "have you checked the benes home page lately scotspine" - indeed i have milan and i see evidence of progress.
    Last edited by scotspine; 25 January 2006, 09:18.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    morning DA,

I am little late joining this thread, but not too late to say congratulations to you, and in fact congratulations to everybody who has survived the last 5 years, it wasn't easy was it !

I remember you talking about your war chest in 2002 and 2003.

One thing though, which I have learn't from you, is when you advised anybody wanting to build a business should always keep in mind while growing the business to always grow it in such a way that it is most attractive to a potential buyer.

Have been applying the same to my plan b (have you checked the benes home page lately scotspine) and things are looking good.

Thanks and good luck for the future,

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Well done DA, perhaps you could donate some of the extra dosh to Leeds Social Services, the wife's after a new car.

Don't suppose you work in aerospace engineering do you?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by scotspine
    ah, having problems with tartan haired females from north of the border again atw?
    Not anymore.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
    Churchill sorry to break the news to you but we all spotted the bulltulip post, usually you don't even need to read the post, the sender's name by itself is a pretty good indicator...

Dodgy, congrats on your holidays, but why do you finish them with a prison sentence?
    I dont want you to think I am bulltulipting you all

Leave a comment:

• John Galt
    replied
    Well done DA

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Loos
    replied
    Churchill sorry to break the news to you but we all spotted the bulltulip post, usually you don't even need to read the post, the sender's name by itself is a pretty good indicator...

Dodgy, congrats on your holidays, but why do you finish them with a prison sentence?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    Yeps, one of my theses is in the library of the Royal Academy of Engineering. They also sponsored me for a Masters degree in Engineering Design.
    Congrats Dodgy!!!

That means I must've been one of your first...

P.S I spotted the bulltulip post, who do I claim my £5 from?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
    Well done Dodgy
    You spotted an opportunity, this developed into a proper business idea, you thought about how you could implement it, and you did it. Well done! That makes you stand out from the people who just talk about things. Let us know how you get on.

Thank you becs. Best of all I am off to Canada in two weeks then S.Africa and finally OZ.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X