• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Child attacked by fox"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post

The sudden spluttering brought people poking their head round in concern.
    A feeling that soon subsided once they recognised who it was.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I expect the local hunt crashing through your garden would cause a bit of a mess, but it's certainly time we started managing the fox population.
    They manage the deer population next to me with guns.

So managing the fox population with traps then a gun to the head would work. However I presume lots of people's cats will get caught in the traps so they can't be used to harm the animal but just to keep it for 24 hours.

Though the animal rights people will be out about that as well.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I recently saw a large 6'7 bloke and a large rabbit digging up a coffin in my local graveyard. I was pretty shaken up I can tell you.
    I watched for about five minutes before they carried it across the road and put it in the back of a van and drove off.
    I managed to catch the writing on the side. Berk & Hare it said!

The sudden spluttering brought people poking their head round in concern.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I think we should be managing the local rabbit population, one of them attacked my pitbull the other day.
    I recently saw a large 6'7 bloke and a large rabbit digging up a coffin in my local graveyard. I was pretty shaken up I can tell you.
    I watched for about five minutes before they carried it across the road and put it in the back of a van and drove off.
    I managed to catch the writing on the side. Berk & Hare it said!
    Last edited by MarillionFan; 21 June 2010, 13:56.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Nice one. Ordering it now ...

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    "Berkshire Hunt savaged by wet fox!'
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    It seems the latest generation of foxes are increasingly bold.
    We have one that comes to our french doors even when it can see us inside. If you open them to chase it away it only retreats halfway down the garden.
    I am going to get one of those really powerful water pistols and give it a drenching next time.
    Scarecrow.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    We have one that comes to our french doors even when it can see us inside. If you open them to chase it away it only retreats halfway down the garden.
    I am going to get one of those really powerful water pistols and give it a drenching next time.
    Oh I can see the headline now

"Office Junior savaged by wet fox!'

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I think we should be managing the local rabbit population, one of them attacked my pitbull the other day.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Just for fairness...
    So "fox attacked by child".

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I expect the local hunt crashing through your garden would cause a bit of a mess, but it's certainly time we started managing the fox population.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    As soon as they start a cull the better. I find wild animals that don't turn and run as you approach them creepy.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    The meedja's definitely grooming the gen pub for anti-fox sentiment.
    Don't need to groom anyone with a garden who likes using it where I live in London.

The foxes are well known for sh*tting on lawns, digging up plants, digging holes under fences, stealing objects left outside and other bits of destruction.

As soon as they start a cull the better. I find wild animals that don't turn and run as you approach them creepy.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Not again !!

Something fishy in them fox attack stories.
    The meedja's definitely grooming the gen pub for anti-fox sentiment.

Reminds me of back when Blair was in charge, all these little leaks to the papers to drip-drip-drip and turn people's minds.

Bet you a pound that the next story will be a fox that's caught with kiddie pr0n on his computer....

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Are we sure it was a fox?

Could it have been this guy?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X