• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Right 1st time

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Right 1st time"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    I would like to meet Mr Murphy & give him a good
    Aye. I first noticed this effect when giving hitch-hikers a lift. Stopped by police for a weighing bridge check, and the next time my engine blew up. I went off the idea of offering lifts after that.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    but you had paid for it in time?
    I thought they now gave you a weeks grace to allow for the postal service to get round to delivering it.
    ANPR that the police use automatically checks the DVLA database
    I was on time & yes you get 5 days, but I was running at 15 days over, my fault for forgetting to chase it (it was more fun chasing BGG)

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Funny thing that. It's probably Sod's Law (aka Murphy's Law) at work.
    I would like to meet Mr Murphy & give him a good

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    I think it must be making up for DVLC not posting my tax disc in time & getting busted last week when dropping of someone at the airport as a favour
    Funny thing that. It's probably Sod's Law (aka Murphy's Law) at work.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    I think it must be making up for DVLC not posting my tax disc in time & getting busted last week when dropping of someone at the airport as a favour
    but you had paid for it in time?
    I thought they now gave you a weeks grace to allow for the postal service to get round to delivering it.
    ANPR that the police use automatically checks the DVLA database

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by Advocate View Post
    Karma has to balance somehow....

Leave a comment:

• Advocate
    replied
    Just changed the thermostatic mixer on the pumped shower, & it went right , the water turned off no problem, the old one came off with no damage to the tiles, the new one had all the listed parts, it fitted on to the outputs with minimal effort, it now works & there are no leaks, even the new shower rail fitted the holes left by the old one.

What is going on? Normally this sort of job is herald to a minor catastrophe involving lots of water everywhere; not completed perfectly in 10 minutes I think I need a lie down...
    I'd check your car if I were you; bound to be some catastrophic problem, probably the engine has melted into one single lump of metal and plastic.

Karma has to balance somehow....

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Just changed the thermostatic mixer on the pumped shower, & it went right , the water turned off no problem, the old one came off with no damage to the tiles, the new one had all the listed parts, it fitted on to the outputs with minimal effort, it now works & there are no leaks, even the new shower rail fitted the holes left by the old one.

What is going on? Normally this sort of job is herald to a minor catastrophe involving lots of water everywhere; not completed perfectly in 10 minutes I think I need a lie down...
    Obviously a surface mount valve - concealed are much more entertaining

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    you must have bled the radiators before hand

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    started a topic Right 1st time

Right 1st time

Working...
X