• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Germany 2 - OZ 0

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Germany 2 - OZ 0"

Collapse

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Nah. Just get Messrs Rooney, gerrard et. al playing effectively...
    Indeed. And as for the team, I'd back Capello's judgement against any of us amateurs in here.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I think we need

a) Someone who can catch in goal
    b) Joe Cole to start on the left wing
    c) Give Michael Dawson a start now against the "weaker" teams and see how he fares
    d) Crouch instead of Heskey

I thought the main problem was that we were a bit disorganised as some of the players haven't played together much. We scored a good goal though, and made a couple of other chances, so once we settle down I think we could do OK.
    b - I agree. I couldn't believe he started with Milner and then brought Sean Wright-Phillips on on the left. Joe Cole is twice the player either of them are.
    c - I doubt it will happen, the fact that he was a late replacement means he has to be at the back of the queue, otherwise it's like admitting Capello made a mistake bringing Carragher and Upson ahead of Dawson.
    d - I think Rooney up front on his own with any one of Gerard, Lampard or Cole supporting him would be better. Rooney has been scoring for fun on his own at United this season.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I think we need

a) Someone who can catch in goal
    b) Joe Cole to start on the left wing
    c) Give Michael Dawson a start now against the "weaker" teams and see how he fares
    d) Crouch instead of Heskey

I thought the main problem was that we were a bit disorganised as some of the players haven't played together much. We scored a good goal though, and made a couple of other chances, so once we settle down I think we could do OK.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Would that "little improvement in tactics" involve threaded's time machine, and messrs Moore, Hurst, Banks, and Charlton?
    Nah. Just get Messrs Rooney, gerrard et. al playing effectively which they will do when Barry gets back in.
    Our chavs are better than the Kraut chavs.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Would that "little improvement in tactics" involve threaded's time machine, and messrs Moore, Hurst, Banks, and Charlton?

These were my heroes when I was a nipper

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    ...And a heavy leather ball that bruises the toes when 'hoofed' up pitch, a proper mans ball.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    No, just the Russian linesman.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Personally I would bet on England to beat Germany with a little improvement in tactics.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    OMG these guys are brilliant, definitely the best game of the world cup so far.
    Before you cream your pants over your new teutonic friends, Oz were complete pants especially at the back and would make any team look good.
    People forget that the the US is a decent team at the top of its form at the moment. It brought Spains unbeaten run to an end in a competitive match and was narrowly pipped by Brazil.

Personally I would bet on England to beat Germany with a little improvement in tactics.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Jerry looked good!

But don't get too carried away. Oz were truly crap.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Looks like the Bosch will win their group comfortably. Incentive, if it were needed, for England to do likewise. On the form of the first games at least, only one winner.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    OMG these guys are brilliant, definitely the best game of the world cup so far.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    started a topic Germany 2 - OZ 0

Germany 2 - OZ 0

The atmosphere is amazing. Horns going off all around the neighbourhood each time a goal is scored.

If Germany meet England then England are doomed....
    Last edited by scooterscot; 13 June 2010, 19:56.

Working...
X