• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Any good value places to eat in the city"

Collapse

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    I went through Old Spitalfields Market the other day. I used to eat there sometimes before it got completely renovated. There are a few places to eat, but I've not tried the recently. Has anyone tried them?
    Can recommend Square Pie & Kota Satay.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    You can get crispy beef tofu now?

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    I went through Old Spitalfields Market the other day. I used to eat there sometimes before it got completely renovated. There are a few places to eat, but I've not tried the recently. Has anyone tried them?

Leave a comment:

• gricerboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Tofu was crispy last time I went to wankees.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    Try the tofu. It's better for you. And for the planet.

Leave a comment:

• gricerboy
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    But the food was really good too. Hmmm! might take a trip back there and see if their crispy beef noodles are still as good as they used to be.
    Try the tofu. It's better for you. And for the planet.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    It's part of its charm
    But the food was really good too. Hmmm! might take a trip back there and see if their crispy beef noodles are still as good as they used to be.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    That place had a reputation for being really rude
    If you had to put up with Joe Public for a day, then I can appreciate where they are coming from.

Personally, I think we have got it all wrong in the UK with this touchy-feely, "customer is always right" grovelling.

Clearly, some customers are not right, and need fixing. Fixing real good, if you know what I mean.

I think a friend refers to them as "Toxic Customers", and his company hike their prices to silly amounts, because of all the grief they get, in an effort to get them to go elsewhere.

Alas, it backfires, and they stay with the company, albeit paying 10K for a few web pages (<5) with some nice piccies on ain't too bad.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    It's part of its charm

Leave a comment:

• gricerboy
    replied
    Wong Kei on Wardour Street. Dead cheap food, arrives within minutes and as much green tea as you can drink.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    I thought they'd mellowed somewhat, until four of us went and were sat on one of those big round tables. Clearly they needed the table for a bigger party, so lots of waiters descended upon us, snatched all our plates and one of them barked at us "You move!" We either followed our food or went hungry!
    They also used to give you the bill as soon as you'd got your main course. We also used to see how long we could go and outstay out welcome before they chucked us out.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Are the waiters still really rude there?

Loved that place when I was a student, great food and cheap.
    I thought they'd mellowed somewhat, until four of us went and were sat on one of those big round tables. Clearly they needed the table for a bigger party, so lots of waiters descended upon us, snatched all our plates and one of them barked at us "You move!" We either followed our food or went hungry!

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Wong Kei on Wardour Street. Dead cheap food, arrives within minutes and as much green tea as you can drink.
    Are the waiters still really rude there?

Loved that place when I was a student, great food and cheap.
    'WTF you want? You drunk english bastard?'

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    Get over to Borough Market near London Bridge, just over the river. Loads of decent places to eat, and all good stuff. Personal favorite the Chorizo burgers from the Brindisa Stall.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Birley Salt Beef was always my favourite for Sandwiches. Other meats are available in addition to the salt beef.

There is one in Cannon Street and another in Paternoster Square (and also Fenchurch Street, Moorgate and Canary Wharf).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X