• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: The Times website

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Times website"

Collapse

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Limited data is indeed available for free and has been for many years now, there are probably thousands of backlinks checkers that are simple scripts 100% dependent on someone else who actually has to invest a lot of money and time to maintain large scale web graph. If you look at the chart that I've shown you'll see that according to Alexa we've got around 50% of current TheTimes reach as they call it, when you achieve something like this let me know, until then I'll continue to ignore you
    I know somneone who put his site on majestic SEO and it still shows only one back link. His site has been on the google directory for a year.

Seriously, your searching is in no way deep or detailed enough.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Did anyone on here end up signing up?

I must say, I do miss reading some of the articles on there - not enough to line Murdochs pockets though.
    Not me. I look at the beeb during the day. I sometimes buy the Times in the morning but mostly NRCNext then NRC Handelsblad in the evenings (Dutch newspapers for that dwindling minority who can read full sentences without their heads exploding).

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    But you didn't ignore him??
    I'll ignore that comment.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    until then I'll continue to ignore you
    But you didn't ignore him??

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    So you finally admit that this information you sell is available for free
    Limited data is indeed available for free and has been for many years now, there are probably thousands of backlinks checkers that are simple scripts 100% dependent on someone else who actually has to invest a lot of money and time to maintain large scale web graph. If you look at the chart that I've shown you'll see that according to Alexa we've got around 50% of current TheTimes reach as they call it, when you achieve something like this let me know, until then I'll continue to ignore you

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    It's inline with industry average (when compared against our main competitor), why do you care anyway? Better hurry up and write your own backlinks checking service - soon Yahoo may stop showing backlinks the way they do now, so your tool as well as many others will suddenly stop working.
    So you finally admit that this information you sell is available for free

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Whats is the bounce rate on your front page?
    It's inline with industry average (when compared against our main competitor), why do you care anyway? Better hurry up and write your own backlinks checking service - soon Yahoo may stop showing backlinks the way they do now, so your tool as well as many others will suddenly stop working.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    The Screws of the World is going subscription-only next month. Please form an orderly queue.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I did not say it was ours, looks at the traffic stats...
    Whats is the bounce rate on your front page?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Unfortunately it's not his data, it's Alexa's.
    I did not say it was ours, looks at the traffic stats...

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    It cannot be a surprise that the page views have dropped, now they are making money from it though.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post

Good one Alexi

Now, if you had any sense you would be marketing that to the likes of the Telegraph, etc.
    Unfortunately it's not his data, it's Alexa's.

timesonline.co.uk - Information from Alexa Internet

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    to the likes of the Telegraph, etc.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied

Good one Alexi

Now, if you had any sense you would be marketing that to the likes of the Telegraph, etc.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X