• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Don't try this...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Don't try this..."

Collapse

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Diabetic confectionary and suchlike generally contains liberal amounts of sorbitol, which makes one trump like a cart horse.

(It can also aggravate irritable bowel syndrome.)
    No tulip!

igmc

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

This is a side effect of the sweetners. Xylitol? Smints have the same effect. My dad is diabetic, and was regaling my mother in law to be about the effects of diabetic marmalade and the proverbial eye of a needle effect if you have too much. I wouldn't have minded, but we were in a restaurant having a meal between the two families to celebrate our engagement
    Diabetic confectionary and suchlike generally contains liberal amounts of sorbitol, which makes one trump like a cart horse.

(It can also aggravate irritable bowel syndrome.)

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Laxative chocolate sounds perfect - self regulating - the more you eat, the more you tulip. Eat as much as you want and still lose weight. Come to think of it, sounds like my recent trip to India...
    The Intergalacic Laxative (cant remember a lot of it but a bit of the Chorus goes)
    If Tuliping is your problem when you're up amongst the stars....
    The Intergalactic Laxative will get you from here to Mars....

Leave a comment:

• Fred Scuttle
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Laxative chocolate sounds perfect - self regulating - the more you eat, the more you tulip. Eat as much as you want and still lose weight. Come to think of it, sounds like my recent trip to India...

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    This is a side effect of the sweetners. Xylitol? Smints have the same effect. My dad is diabetic, and was regaling my mother in law to be about the effects of diabetic marmalade and the proverbial eye of a needle effect if you have too much. I wouldn't have minded, but we were in a restaurant having a meal between the two families to celebrate our engagement
    No laxative effect just impersonating a methane factory.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Are you sure it wasn't that laxative chocolate?
    It might as well be...

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Ate a large bar of Sainsburys wholenut dark chocolate a couple of weeks ago

Spent the next few days on the bog!

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    started a topic Don't try this...

Don't try this...

Been good with the diet but craving chocolate so bought some diabetic chocolate from Boots. I thought the small print said no more than three bars a day, it was three squares a day.

Remember the campfire scene in Blazing Saddles where they're all eating beans? I'm doing it solo and it's not much fun.

Working...
X