• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I did not get killed at the weekend…"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Drewster View Post
    Cos Boxing is something else he knows nothing about.... and he needed to check before spouting Bollux! (Not that it would normally stop him obviously)
    Bliss:
    This message is hidden because AtW is on your ignore list.

Bliss I tell you.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    So it was a weekend with more honourable defeats than victories, but for a scratch team I think we did f**king well, and we were certainly not made to look fools by the best teams.
    Congratulations. I didn't realise you were playing as a scratch team; you did very well.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    No, she's 40.

And I think the word you're looking for is 'milf'.
    But that wouldn't make sense..... you said "fit under 40".........

I could hardly say "but you said she was a MILF!!" - it wouldn't be funny.........

OK - I admit what I came up with was hardly rib-splitting".......

I think I had better stop....... cos even with your recent battering by 6'8" butt-ugly Samoans you'll probably still be faster than me......... even with a head start........

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Drewster View Post
    MrsM plays too???

(I was going to say "You said MrsM was a minger" - but felt it a little harsh)
    No, she's 40.

And I think the word you're looking for is 'milf'.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Date and place please; if I can persuade the Mrs to take a weekend in Lausanne you might get a fit under 40 player. PM me.
    MrsM plays too???

(I was going to say "You said MrsM was a minger" - but felt it a little harsh)

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    Good stuff Mitch.

I've got a sevens tourney in Lausanne the weekend after next. Won't be up to the standard you played in, but then most of my team hover around the 40 year old mark.
    Date and place please; if I can persuade the Mrs to take a weekend in Lausanne you might get a fit under 40 player. PM me.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Good stuff Mitch.

I've got a sevens tourney in Lausanne the weekend after next. Won't be up to the standard you played in, but then most of my team hover around the 40 year old mark.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    That took you a while mate. Bloody hell, and there was I thinking I had dementia. Amateur boxing’s nothing like as bad for your head as it looks as the head’s well protected; the profs get their brains stuffed up though.
    WHS

Decent head guard and its fairly safe.

Most competitions our club enter state that a "top ten" guard is recommended.

I don't have one as my competition days are over, the only person to have one is the instructors daughter. The others who compete has flimsy dipped foams ones.

They cost upwards of £50 and this puts people off.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    That took you a while mate.
    Busy working here

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    That explains your brain damage to get into such sports as rugby that I know very little about but I am learning every day
    That took you a while mate. Bloody hell, and there was I thinking I had dementia. Amateur boxing’s nothing like as bad for your head as it looks as the head’s well protected; the profs get their brains stuffed up though.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Yes, why?
    That explains your brain damage to get into such sports as rugby that I know very little about but I am learning every day

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    for surviving

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Have you done any boxing in the past?
    Yes, why?
    Cos Boxing is something else he knows nothing about.... and he needed to check before spouting Bollux! (Not that it would normally stop him obviously)

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Yes, why?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Not even hospitalised.

One black eye, a big bruise on my thigh, a strange feeling that my vertebrae are all in a different order and a few cuts here and there are the only signs that I was flattened by a couple of ex-All Blacks during the Amsterdam rugby 10s.

F**king hell, this is what professional players go through every week. I’m still moving rather slowly today, having spent yesterday ambling from sofa to garden and back and sleeping a lot. Shall not be rushing about much.

Still, I’m alive, and loved the experience; somehow you don't feel the pain during the game, but I'm feeling it now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X