• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Lost Finale This Weekend"

Collapse

• Clippy
    replied
    Just when you thought you had figured it out - more confusion!

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    I'm not sure I'm all that much clearer having watched it. If it meant what I thought it meant, then it's what I thought at the beginning, but had since decided that couldn't possibly be what it was all about.
    Unfortunately, mishearing at the wrong point would lead you to believe one thing when they are trying to say something else...

IMO, and having had 24 hours to mull over it and a second viewing, The writers pulled off what was a difficult task in resolving the series both mechanically in terms of the basic plot and sprititually in terms of laying the characters to rest.
    The series has been rounded off in a way that to reopen the story would be wrong in every sense.
    Had it finished it differently, then one aspect of the whole faith vs science aspect of lost would have been neglected and the ending would have been imbalanced.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I'm not sure I'm all that much clearer having watched it. If it meant what I thought it meant, then it's what I thought at the beginning, but had since decided that couldn't possibly be what it was all about.

I think this last series has been a bit slow compared to what had gone before, and the finale was more of the same. I've been enjoying this season of 24 more.

I did laugh at the technical fault right at the start. And surely, with PAL speed up, the UK got to see the end before the US?

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Except it starts at 5 a.m. and finishes at 7:30 a.m.

I'll bet the advertising rates are unusually high for that time of the morning.
    Maybe not.

Nike ran their new ad in it's entirety.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Any good links?

I thought the ending was good - but that's probably because I never got sucked into the online 'Lost' world and associated theories.

A lot of the moaners are probably people who had already mapped out their own ending are now miffed the actual ending doesn't tally up with theirs!
    The lostpedia website forum:
    http://forum.lostpedia.com/main-forum-f2.html

They even have a sticky dedicated to the "dissappointing" ending

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    the internets is going crazy with this ending
    lots of unhappy lost fans out there!
    Any good links?

I thought the ending was good - but that's probably because I never got sucked into the online 'Lost' world and associated theories.

A lot of the moaners are probably people who had already mapped out their own ending are now miffed the actual ending doesn't tally up with theirs!

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    the internets is going crazy with this ending
    lots of unhappy lost fans out there!

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Not available on itunes yet.

Humpf.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    After all that, not a bad ending

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    decided i'll sky+ it and watch it 7am til 9
    working from home Monday so can jump straight back to gaming, gardening and housework once its finished
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Ah, it all makes sense now!

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    doing the same myself, except leaving at 9am for client co 20 mins away
    if you skip the ads then each episode is only about 45 minutes

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    working from home Monday so can jump straight back to work once its finished
    doing the same myself, except leaving at 9am for client co 20 mins away

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Just watched the pen-ultimate episode and looking forward to the finale.

Anyone going to watch it 'live'?
    working from home Monday so can jump straight back to work once its finished

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    Linus == New Smokie
    Jack == New Jacob

Leave a comment:

Working...
X