• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Billy Bragg

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Billy Bragg"

Collapse

• Ruse
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    And that would be a problem why? You see that is the problem with you leftie types. Always expecting things to land in your lap. If they slash the public sector by 50%, I doubt the rest of us, that actually cough up all the taxes to finance it incidentally, will notice a great deal of difference. And the only difference for those public sector types is that they will be sitting at home doing nothing of any great importance rather than sitting in some poncy office, jealously blubbering away on facebook about snobs from Eton.

You just might notice if the the no of teachers and teacher's assitants are cut at your kid's school, or the quality of care you receive if you need hospital treatment because no of nurses at you local hospital is cut, or the no of hours help your elderly parents/relatives get is slashed etc, etc There are a lot of very hard working people in the public sector, just because the pay is lower than the private sector doesn't mean that they work any less hard than you.

I have worked for the last 10 years in IB and have seen plenty of useless lazy over paid people and they are not even in the business of providing a service which is of any real use to anyone.

And it's not jealousy by the way, I just don't like the people who come out of these £20k a year schools, the Banks are full of them and it is their kind of single minded arrogance that helped get this country in the debt problem it is in today.

Glad I got that off my chest, I can go and tend my pigeons now and then take my whippets down to't pub

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied

tags for this thread: "windy lefty toss bag"

Classic

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    The union forever defending our rights
    Down with the blackleg, all workers unite
    But now that I'm a Lib Dem, I've proved I'm full of tulipe,
    you know where you can stick your fooking U-U-Un-Io-on!!!

Leave a comment:

• Boudica
    replied
    and who called this thread wgas?

so much meanness on here, going back to reading a nice book instead

Leave a comment:

• Boudica
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Not you personally ya soft apeth!

FFS, rag-week?
    No it's day 14 actually.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    How can I miss you if you won't f**k off?
    Originally posted by Boudica View Post
    CM!!!!!! He's really hurt my feelings now!
    Not you personally ya soft apeth!

FFS, rag-week?

Leave a comment:

• Boudica
    replied
    CM!!!!!! He's really hurt my feelings now!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Boudica View Post
    i don't feel sad about letting you go
    i just feel sad about letting you know...

Leave a comment:

• Boudica
    replied
    i don't feel sad about letting you go
    i just feel sad about letting you know...

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruse View Post
    I read recently that 60% of all jobs in Newcastle are public sector so if David of Eton and all hus upper class friends(oh, ok I voted LD so only self to blame) slash public sector by 50% where are all the workers in the NE going to go to find work..., that's right further South
    And that would be a problem why? You see that is the problem with you leftie types. Always expecting things to land in your lap. If they slash the public sector by 50%, I doubt the rest of us, that actually cough up all the taxes to finance it incidentally, will notice a great deal of difference. And the only difference for those public sector types is that they will be sitting at home doing nothing of any great importance rather than sitting in some poncy office, jealously blubbering away on facebook about snobs from Eton.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    I was listening to his rewrite of The Internationale the other day. He's taken a stirring revolutionary anthem and replaced the lyrics with weedy platitudes. However, he also sings it the voice of a sarcastic child so he might just be being a pretentious twat.
    ftfy.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    I was listening to his rewrite of The Internationale the other day. He's taken a stirring revolutionary anthem and replaced the lyrics with weedy platitudes. However, he also sings it the voice of a sarcastic child so he might just be being ironic.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    I read recently that 60% of all jobs in Newcastle are public sector so if David of Eton and all hus upper class friends(oh, ok I voted LD so only self to blame) slash public sector by 50% where are all the workers in the NE going to go to find work..., that's right further South
    We'll be fine - we're used to being arse-raped. They can take our jobs, but they can never take our pasties!!!

Leave a comment:

• Ruse
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    I too voted LD....and if it had been a choice between labour and this hokey-kokey bunch of libby-Tories, I would have voted in the hokey-kokies.

Although once they close the dss in Longbenton and shaft all the students, I might live to regret my vote.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    I can see why he did, I'm a life long labour voter but this time couldn't bring myself to do it, my sympathies are with Billy.
    I too voted LD....and if it had been a choice between labour and this hokey-kokey bunch of libby-Tories, I would have voted in the hokey-kokies.

Although once they close the dss in Longbenton and shaft all the students, I might live to regret my vote.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X