• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: the geek test

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "the geek test"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan
    Arrived on the money at 6.05. Nuff said.
    How can you say that. If he was due to arrive at 6 then he was five minutes late.
    If he was due to arrive at 6 plus or minus 10 minutes then he was five minutes early.

as well as being 15 minutes late. is he a woman ?

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Well, as far as I can see, he misled you.

He didn't says give or take upto 10 minutes, he said 10 mins, which is an absolute value.

Give or take 10 mins from 6.00pm means either 5.50pm or 6.10 pm.

Give or take upto 10 mins from 6.00pm means between 5.50 pm and 6.10pm.

Since he arrived at 6.05pm, I would suggest that his timekeeping is somewhat lacksadaisical.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Arrived on the money at 6.05. Nuff said.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Is that 6.10 give or take 10 minutes?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    No Rebecca. You see I know that the person in question wont turn up early, thus invalidating his +-10 minues. What he means is after six(minimum) give or take 10 minutes. I reckon he will turn up 6.10.

I keep you all posted.

Leave a comment:

• Fungus
    replied
    80% Geeky. Only Churchill was more geeky than me. What a complete load of bollocks quiz. I play scrabble, watch SCI Fi, work in IT and have a Maths degree. It does not make me a Geek!!!!
    I reckon the test is missing some key questions:

Were you in the university tiddly winks team?
    Do you own a set of juggling balls?
    Is your hair in a pony tail?
    Do you bath/shower more than once a week?
    Do people give the impression of gagging/choking when standing next to you?

The hairy contractor with no social skills next to me doesn't half pong. I'm grateful he smokes as the stale tobacco largely masks the body stench. Would he notice if I sprayed him with a fumigant? (That lice killer - Zyklon B - used by the Nazis would do the job nicely.)

Fungus

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Loos
    replied
    surely it means between 5:50 and 6:10, other wise they would have said 6pm give 10 mins to mean between 6pm and 6:10pm
    or 6pm take 10 mins to say between 5:50pm and 6pm

37% for me at the test btw

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I refute that!

Anyway someone just sent me an email to say they would pick me up at 6.00 give or take ten minutes. As they are always late I sent back this reply.

"Is that + or - 10 minutes or +10 minutes.
    Where 6 would be the miminum and 6.10 the maximum.
    So what you actually mean is 6.05 +-5 minutes."

Question? Is that geeky or just being accurate?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    80% Geeky. Only Churchill was more geeky than me. What a complete load of bollocks quiz. I play scrabble, watch SCI Fi, work in IT and have a Maths degree. It does not make me a Geek!!!!
    You might be able to fool the others, but I know you...

Leave a comment:

• Bumner
    replied
    caffeined up, Miso'd up... firing on all cylinders.....

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Originally posted by Bumner
    would.... or wouldn't.....? Go get some coffee...
    Would, wouldn't, it's all the same. You and your high-fallutin fancy word talk.
    Last edited by Spartacus; 17 January 2006, 14:47.

Leave a comment:

• Bumner
    replied

Me thinks the man doth protest too much.......

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied

You are a well known comedy double act and I claim my £5

Leave a comment:

• Bumner
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartacus
    I would want to cause any of the variables to exceed their boundaries and crash the site.

would.... or wouldn't.....? Go get some coffee...

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartacus
    I would want to cause any of the variables to exceed their boundaries and crash the site.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X