• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What's Your blood type?"

Collapse

• Swati
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I gather the last bit was about exotic holidays, but what's a nash?
    Nash is social security benefits. Welcome.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Swati View Post

I believe it is true that you cannot give blood if you have travelled to tropical climes in the previous 5 years. I also believe you cannot give blood if you are a homosexual. I have to admit I am very surprised there are any peolple out there at all who qualify to donate blood when you consider that you can have a 2 week in gambia on your nash.
    I gather the last bit was about exotic holidays, but what's a nash?

Leave a comment:

• Swati
    replied
    I believe it is true that you cannot give blood if you have travelled to tropical climes in the previous 5 years. I also believe you cannot give blood if you are a homosexual. I have to admit I am very surprised there are any peolple out there at all who qualify to donate blood when you consider that you can have a 2 week in gambia on your nash.

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Unless you are a 'fainter' or have a holiday home in uganda or are a frequent friend of dorothy or party with pete docherty, you should all be giving blood. Bench time is ideal to find the nearest session and do something useful.

Leave a comment:

• Goldenboy
    replied
    A- Dont want to be in an accident anytime soon!

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Shudder to think what the street value of a pint of Zippy would be
    Not much value, but on the plus side you'd get pissed for nowt.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    You really want to be O- universal donor.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    I'll sell you a pint of mine if you ever need it.
    Shudder to think what the street value of a pint of Zippy would be

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    The black sheep though seem to be blood group B - flamboyant free-thinkers, but selfish.

I'm B+ and not selfish!
    I'll sell you a pint of mine if you ever need it.

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    A+

I've always carried my blood donor card in my wallet... "just in case".

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    The black sheep though seem to be blood group B - flamboyant free-thinkers, but selfish.

I'm B+ and not selfish!
    Same here.........

I knew that would make you feel better, and no you can't have one of my kidneys.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Check the symptoms for PRV - if you think you have any then go and see the quack.
    Polycythaemia Rubra Vera | Doctor | Patient UK

None of those...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    I dunno.

When I last gave blood, I got a letter asking me if I would be happy to donate platelets as well - apparently they take blood, nick the platelets, then stick the plasma back in you.

I assume I am not ill, although I might have Haemochromatosis as my mum has it. In true manly style, I haven't been to the docs to get tested as "I don't feel ill"

Check the symptoms for PRV - if you think you have any then go and see the quack.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    I think there's a difference between "lots of platelets" and "You've got Polycythemia Rubra Vera".
    I dunno.

When I last gave blood, I got a letter asking me if I would be happy to donate platelets as well - apparently they take blood, nick the platelets, then stick the plasma back in you.

I assume I am not ill, although I might have Haemochromatosis as my mum has it. In true manly style, I haven't been to the docs to get tested as "I don't feel ill"

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    That's bad isn't it - Don't they end up stuck to the lining of your arteries?
    I think there's a difference between "lots of platelets" and "You've got Polycythemia Rubra Vera".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X