• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Public sector job cuts of 500,000 forecast"

Collapse

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Oh the irony!!
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
    stop all translation services

cant speak english - go and learn or live somewhere else
    Oh the irony!!

Leave a comment:

• mrdonuts
    replied
    stop all translation services

cant speak english - go and learn or live somewhere else

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    What is going to happen to the staff at the Nappy Advice Center in Reading?
    They will find themselves in deep tulip.

Please tell me you're making this stuff up. WTF? Nappy advice centre? Cycling advice centre?

Are you all completely helpless in Britain? Should I organise a collection here on le continent to help you with life's basics?
    Last edited by Mich the Tester; 20 April 2010, 18:21.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Fook, that's a big public sector.
    What is going to happen to the staff at the Nappy Advice Center in Reading?
    The average £1,000,000 each council spends on propaganda newspapers.
    Why do councils get involved in projects like Aids/HIV support centres?
    WTF do they need a Cycling advice centre?

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I feel like the link was supposed to be sensationalist statement but I've missed the point, tell us David Brent, what did you mean?
    A CUK late afternoon moment. Posted link without reading article properly.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    I feel like the link was supposed to be sensationalist statement but I've missed the point, tell us David Brent, what did you mean?

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Especially seeing as the Indian Rail company actually do something that could be termed 'useful'
    Indian Railways statistics

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Ah! the great thing about outplacement is that you dont have to actually find people jobs. You just need to sit down and "talk" about their careers, tart up the CVs and maybe train them on how to type "jobs" into google. at £2500 a shot-- no wonder Penta are doing so well.
    Good idea. I could do that. I'll give them interview training, given my success rate of 9/10 at interviews. 2500 squid a go you say?

Fook this IT joke, I'm going to be an agent. And then a member of the European Parliament. And then retire on an MEP pension. Easy life!

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    What kind of useful employ do you hope to find for public sector rejects?
    Ah! the great thing about outplacement is that you dont have to actually find people jobs. You just need to sit down and "talk" about their careers, tart up the CVs and maybe train them on how to type "jobs" into google. at £2500 a shot-- no wonder Penta are doing so well.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    And with a smile I might add.
    and a cup of 'cha' at every stop, and nice chaps who carry your bags for a modest fee.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Especially seeing as the Indian Rail company actually do something that could be termed 'useful'
    And with a smile I might add.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Could we export them?
    As pothole filling? Belgium needs some of that; especially the Brussels to Liege motorway.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    You bet you, it's the 3rd largest employer in the world after,

The Chinese army & the Indian Rail company - makes you proud doesn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Fook, that's a big public sector.
    John Philpott, the CIPD’s chief economic adviser, said a 10 per cent reduction in the 5.8m core public sector workforce was probable, “dwarfing anything implicit in the election manifestos”.
    From CIA World Factbook

Labor force:

31.25 million (2009 est.)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X